Lost my pillion

brooke

Local time
Today, 03:42
First Name
Brooke
My Ride
16 thruxton r. 2011 tiger 800
EABEC99B-D34D-419C-B894-332E15F177FE.jpegLost my pillion yesterday. If you have a used one that will fit a 2011 Tiger 800 please reply. Any suggestions gratefully received . enclosed pix of it on the bike half way through the ride. Noticed it was AWOL when I got home. thanks Brooke

Wow that was a bit of bad luck, no chance of retracing your route and trying to find it. How is it fixed onto the bike that it came loose like that.

Checked the area where I may have lost to no avail. It’s a mile of old pot holed pavement which I scooted over while standing on the pegs . Either the latch failed or more likely was not properly shut before I headed out. Most likely the latter. The latch at the back closes on an arrow headed stud that protrudes down from the bottom of the seat.Thanks for your concern Dave. Brooke

I will look and see if I can find my OEM one. I replaced the OEM seat with a Sargeant seat and kept the OEM. I just have to remember where I stashed it. It may be in storage. Mine is a 2012 800 XC; but it should fit. I will look for it this weekend.

Checked the area where I may have lost to no avail. It’s a mile of old pot holed pavement which I scooted over while standing on the pegs . Either the latch failed or more likely was not properly shut before I headed out. Most likely the latter. The latch at the back closes on an arrow headed stud that protrudes down from the bottom of the seat.Thanks for your concern Dave. Brooke

Well this explains how it could have come off, let us hope @CarlS can help you out here.

When I first read the title I thought you had actually lost the person that was riding pillion with you :eek: :D

Thanks Carl that is mighty good of you. Hopefully your search will be successful. Since Rememberance Day is close am posting this photo of the Thruxton tank with RCAF emblem of the WW 2 era. My uncle , Pilot Officer L.M Brehaut and his crew rest in the english country side.

Attachments

• 2220ED88-8A86-41D0-AC51-E000EA09811C.jpeg
    2220ED88-8A86-41D0-AC51-E000EA09811C.jpeg
    135.5 KB · Views: 8
That tank looks VERY nice.

I too thought you had lost your pillion rider. Not many Tigers in this area but I'll keep my eyes open.

Thanks Carl that is mighty good of you. Hopefully your search will be successful. Since Rememberance Day is close am posting this photo of the Thruxton tank with RCAF emblem of the WW 2 era. My uncle , Pilot Officer L.M Brehaut and his crew rest in the english country side.
i like that tank and emblem. A heartfelt salute to your uncle and his crew.

I , too, thought at first you had lost your pillion rider. BGRIN

Sorry if I gave you a little start . She hasn’t been in that position since 1974 ride on the H2 Kawasaki so never think of a person back there . Appreciate your comments on the tank , generally like to keep things pretty stock but found the decal at the gift shop in the Ottawa Aviation Museum and bought a few.This roundel was used from the end of ww2 until 1965 when the maple leaf was replaced with one same as or very similar to the one on the brand new Canadian which we fly today. After applying the decal I covered it with clear protective tape over the indented tank area . Enclosed pix Vincent HRD on display at the Aviation Museum. Hopefully you can all make it out to a special place today. Enjoy!

Attachments

• A27D03AF-E836-4302-9353-9025C0A5F2A5.jpeg
    A27D03AF-E836-4302-9353-9025C0A5F2A5.jpeg
    164.1 KB · Views: 5
Premium

Support TriumphTalk by becoming a Premium Member.

What You Get

Donate

Search

Back
Top Bottom