Maps And Mapping Tool For 1200xca?

Auspanglish

Riding for 46 Years
Local time
Tomorrow, 00:15
My Ride
Tiger 955i
Hello to all and sundry!

Recent owner of new to me 955i tiger and very pleased so far.

Anyway this is a question for a Valencian buddy of mine who can't help tampering. His Triumph is a 2016 TIGER 1200 XCA.

He's asked me to act as a translator.

He's wondering if there are any maps developed for decatted OEM headers and the recommended Arrow exhaust for the XCA which he had gutted. Second question is how to upload them to the bike's ECU.

He mentioned he is aware there is a fuelling map developed for the Arrow exhaust for OEM headers that still have the catalytic converter in situ.

He says she (the bike) loses low down power in Sport Mode.

Any info much appreciated.

Hope this is the right place to ask. Should I open a new thread somewhere in particular?

Triumph on...

He had a Dyno run done in Road and Sport mode ... uploading images.

He mentions that ECU Tune is not usable on his 2016 1200 XCA.

Is there any software or power commander style devices or means of DIY modifying the mapping on this model?

Maybe people have heard of Ghul Motors in the US of A... apparently they managed to hack into the Honda VFR1200F's ECU and customize all sorts of parameters and remove OEM limitations without drilling. Maybe they would be able to work a fix for this but for just one unit would surely be exy. What with shipping over and back and a one off job... thumbnail_IMG-20200114-WA0003.jpgthumbnail_IMG-20200114-WA0004.jpg

shanered6

Time for adventure
Riding for 43 Years
Staff
Local time
Today, 23:15
First Name
shane llywarch
My Ride
Moto Guzzi Stelvio 1200 ntx
I think your friend is going to struggle most of the remaps for the explorer 1200 include the cats in the retuning !
There may be someone who has done it but ive not heard of it , the later triumphs are notorious for being very fussy to remap and only like small tweaks at a time as Triumph's ECU's are heavlely gaurded against tampering .

Premium

Support TriumphTalk by becoming a Premium Member.

What You Get

Donate

Top Bottom