mcchoc

Local time
Today, 08:21
First Name
David
My Ride
BMW K1300S Motorsport
Hi All

The deteriorating state of the UK's roads has made me rethink running my BMW K1300S. After a couple of European tours on rented R1200 and R1250GSs, I have realised that I cannot live with the boxer engine. A recent test ride of the new Tiger 1200 confirmed that it's the bike I want. Couldn't fault it and did not want to take it back. Love that triple.

So my question is - is the matt black option less hard-wearing than the gloss black option? is it harder to maintain?

I intend to keep this bike until I can no longer ride -it will be a keeper.

Thanks for any responses, David in UK

HI there .... i would probably go with matt only for the reason its easy to look after but down side is if its near your knee"s and is being rubbed it tends to get more shine , but its down to personal choice and the gloss is very nice too ! ...... so basically im know bloody use here :y36:

Like my Pearl White gloss on mine. Easy to maintain.
But I REALLY do like the Marine on the 2018/19 1200 XCA that I looked at as well.

Hi All

The deteriorating state of the UK's roads has made me rethink running my BMW K1300S. After a couple of European tours on rented R1200 and R1250GSs, I have realised that I cannot live with the boxer engine. A recent test ride of the new Tiger 1200 confirmed that it's the bike I want. Couldn't fault it and did not want to take it back. Love that triple.

So my question is - is the matt black option less hard-wearing than the gloss black option? is it harder to maintain?

I intend to keep this bike until I can no longer ride -it will be a keeper.

Thanks for any responses, David in UK
You can Shrink Rap anything now a days.
But I don't know if it comes off easy , to allow for a Re-Rap.
But is is very durable.
Unfortunately , from what I have seen , early triumphs , use to suffer Rusty Bolts. Someone might be able to Clarify , if this Quality Control has been improved.
BMW's I thought , kept pretty clean , especially with there use of Stainless.
Chris

I’ve had a Matt black Daytona 675 and now a gloss black Thruxton.
The Matt you have to be a little more careful ie no grease or oily smudges,

Although I would say the gloss Is easier to live with, the Matt is a cool look

I think I would go witht the gloss black. It is a little less fussy to maintain than the matt.

I have 18,000 miles on my 2018 Matte Blue Tiger XRX, seems to hold up just fine. I would have no worries.

Update - got the bike last weekend from A1 Moto in York - Lucerne Blue, arrived during a morning of -5 degrees, so is now called Frosty.

Yet to even start it up, but looking forward to many years taming this Tiger.

Congratulations! You will definitely enjoy it, best bike I've owned in 30 years of riding!

Update - got the bike last weekend from A1 Moto in York - Lucerne Blue, arrived during a morning of -5 degrees, so is now called Frosty.

Congratulations! We would love to see photos of the bike, when your garage warms up enough to take photos.

Congratulations. Pics, please.

Premium

Support TriumphTalk by becoming a Premium Member.

What You Get

Donate

Search

Back
Top Bottom