guscar65

Riding for 9 Years
Local time
Today, 21:53
First Name
angus
My Ride
blue/white T120 2018
I note that the bobber uses the T120 engine but has some 10% more power and torque------I suspect that its down to higher compression ratio --but does anyone know its achieved, another 7hp wouldn't hurt the 120, if it did not cost too much to gain.

Qship

Smile, you're on camera. Somewhere.
Riding for 39 Years
Staff
Local time
Today, 17:53
First Name
Steve
My Ride
'17 Tiger Explorer XRT
Speed Twin engine would make an even better choice IMO.
Lots of internal changes(lightening of internals, etc).
Would be a sleeper Bonneville for sure.
Read specs on Triumph website may shed some light on how they get the 10% gains in the Bobber engine. Different engine ECU programming would be my first guess.

shanered6

Time for adventure
Riding for 43 Years
Staff
Local time
First Name
shane llywarch
My Ride
Moto Guzzi Stelvio 1200 ntx
As Q said most of the power gain is down to lightning of internal parts and fueling .

guscar65

Riding for 9 Years
Local time
First Name
angus
My Ride
blue/white T120 2018
Speed Twin engine would make an even better choice IMO.
Lots of internal changes(lightening of internals, etc).
Would be a sleeper Bonneville for sure.
Read specs on Triumph website may shed some light on how they get the 10% gains in the Bobber engine. Different engine ECU programming would be my first guess.
yes I note that the speedtwin has all of these improvements----but the bobber doesn't seem to as it develops some 86hp rather than the full 90 odd that the speedtwin and thruxton have. The speedtwin would have been a better choice but I had to meet a compromise (with the wife who found the speedtwin uncomfortable). I do enjoy the T120 but the ' lad' inside would like a tad more. It was just a shot in the dark really, my thanks to all those who replied, much obliged.

rodhotter

Local time
Today, 16:53
First Name
bernard czech
My Ride
2012 triumph bonneville
lots of ways to increase power depending on your $$$. an engine is just an air pump so more fuel with the proper ratio to air + more out, sounds simple but NOT. small increases with typical bolt ons work + the optimal ECU tune up to the engines ability to flow more safely. only a little can be added before longevity is compromised!! if you really want faster safely buy a proper sports bike that goes, stops, + corners better but is not so comfy!! look at the HP small HIGH rpm engines make as every rpm is a gulp of air + fuel + while our bonnies are signing off at 6 thou sport bikes are just really coming to life!!

Premium

Support TriumphTalk by becoming a Premium Member.

What You Get

Donate

Top Bottom