Motone Aluminum Fenders/Mudguards

sikatri

Local time
Today, 07:44
My Ride
2005 Triumph Thruxton 900
I’m slowly deciding on upgrades and have lately been thinking about replacing the factory silver fenders with polished Motone aluminum fenders. The front seems clear enough no changes. The back would require a bit of additional thinking. Currently the license plate and break and turn signals come off a bracket that also attaches to the fender. I want to keep the placement about the same I don’t necessarily want the bracket to attach to the fender. Any thoughts on another bracket? Also the wiring would have to be above the fender and not go under it like it is now. I know there is a fenderless mount bracket that might be made to work with the Motone rear fender. Thoughts and experiences?AC2EB359-7B13-4383-A7F7-805CF2A99287.jpeg125D9A59-76CD-427C-BBAB-5B5C2EC1CD0E.jpeg57D10B36-E47B-4614-913A-3B24312F889A.jpeg

Qship

Riding for 41 Years
Staff
Local time
Today, 09:44
First Name
Steve
My Ride
'17 Tiger Explorer XRT
Think you'd have to fabricate a complete new bracket that can support all the weight of the rear taillight/license plate assembly from the rear seat frame if you want to eliminate the lower mounting point on the fender.
Also when other people have done the "tidy tail/fender eliminator" they have smaller lights that tuck under the back of the rear seat. Maybe you could check those out as an alternative. I personally am not a fan of those as the lights tend to be less noticeable than the stock, but maybe with LED they could be brighter and more noticeable now. Just another option for you to check out.

PS. Think those aluminum fenders look sharp. Nice upgrade.

sikatri

Local time
My Ride
Think you'd have to fabricate a complete new bracket that can support all the weight of the rear taillight/license plate assembly from the rear seat frame if you want to eliminate the lower mounting point on the fender.
Also when other people have done the "tidy tail/fender eliminator" they have smaller lights that tuck under the back of the rear seat. Maybe you could check those out as an alternative. I personally am not a fan of those as the lights tend to be less noticeable than the stock, but maybe with LED they could be brighter and more noticeable now. Just another option for you to check out.

PS. Think those aluminum fenders look sharp. Nice upgrade.
I'm also not thrilled with the reduced visibility of the lights on the tidy type system. I'll start looking into brackets that are a bit sturdier or can be reinforced. This is still in the planning stages, but it's an idea I want to do. It looks cleaner and I like the uncomplicated look of the Motone fenders/mudguards. I'll keep y'all posted when I start moving on this project and how the bracket gets resolved.

Greyfell

Proud Nerd
Riding for 4 Years
Local time
Today, 05:44
First Name
Stephen
My Ride
2008 Triumph Bonneville T100 Ann-Margret
Led lights might be good for additional lighting. I wonder if the electrical system can handle both.
Based on my experience with my T100, yes, the system can handle LEDs. LEDs add a very small load.

JoDArk

Riding for 63 Years
Local time
My Ride
2008 Triumph Thruxton Carb Model
I’m slowly deciding on upgrades and have lately been thinking about replacing the factory silver fenders with polished Motone aluminum fenders. The front seems clear enough no changes. The back would require a bit of additional thinking. Currently the license plate and break and turn signals come off a bracket that also attaches to the fender. I want to keep the placement about the same I don’t necessarily want the bracket to attach to the fender. Any thoughts on another bracket? Also the wiring would have to be above the fender and not go under it like it is now. I know there is a fenderless mount bracket that might be made to work with the Motone rear fender. Thoughts and experiences?View attachment 49700View attachment 49701View attachment 49702
I realize this is a a bit old----but I just saw it. I have a 2008 carb model Thruxton and selling it and with a lot of almost new accessories---including a polished front aluminum fender. Its made by MAS another supplier of parts for the Triumph line.
If still in the need---reply back. I live in Fort Smith ,Arkansas.
Many like new accessories....and good prices.

sikatri

Local time
My Ride
I realize this is a a bit old----but I just saw it. I have a 2008 carb model Thruxton and selling it and with a lot of almost new accessories---including a polished front aluminum fender. Its made by MAS another supplier of parts for the Triumph line.
If still in the need---reply back. I live in Fort Smith ,Arkansas.
Many like new accessories....and good prices.
IMG_0307.JPG

Thanks for the offer. I'm pretty happy with how mine worked out. Perhaps someone reading this will need some. The MAS looks like a fine choice as well.

Premium

Support TriumphTalk by becoming a Premium Member.

What You Get

Donate

Search

Top Bottom