Multifunction indicators on Street cup

pfracisc

Local time
Today, 04:45
First Name
Patrick
My Ride
2018 Triumph Street Cup
I just recently purchased the Triumph rear multifunction indicator set P/N A983046 & matching front set P/N A983046 for my Street cup. The front set is straight forward plug & play but the rear set has 5 wires coming out of the indicator housings. I know that these are intended for the Bobber but I was wondering if anyone has had success installing these on a Street twin/cup and if so how did you go about wiring them in? I have searched the internet and cannot seem to find the answers I'm looking for. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I doubt that anyone here has done this mod, but maybe it was done and just not mentioned here.
Let's hope somebody has an answer.

My guess is that the five wires are tail light, brake light, left turn, right turn , and ground. You will need to determine which wire does what with the indicator set. Then you will need a wiring diagram of your twin and splice the inidicator wires the aprropriate ires in the twins wiring harness. If you don't have a shop manual with wiring diagram, you might can get the info from your dealer. The hard way is to use a mulimeter with probes.To splicw you can purchase splicing connectors which simply clamp two wears together without soldering.

Thank you guys for the input. I have all the required tools to do the job, I was just seeing if anyone knew of any easier way. I shall post what I come up with & pictures as soon as I tackle this task this weekend.

Looking forward to seeing how you do it. TUP

Premium

Support TriumphTalk by becoming a Premium Member.

What You Get

Donate

Search

Back
Top Bottom