Administrator
Staff
Local time
Today, 18:10
First Name
Rocky
My Ride
2006 T100 Bonneville
It's great to have a nice neighbour who is willing to help - and enjoys a beer and tells great stories.
You can't beat that TUP
This has been a good thread and I learned a lot about the bobber that I didn't know and probably wouldn't have thought about.

sikatri

Local time
Today, 16:10
My Ride
2005 Triumph Thruxton 900
Nice info. It’s interesting to read about other models.

Snakesfield

Riding for 46 Years
Local time
Today, 14:10
First Name
Rick
My Ride
2018 Triumph Bobber
I can do my oil changes, myself now days. After going to my local dealership to pick up a spare key, that I had ordered a while back. That was before, I found out where to pick up my parts now days for a lot cheaper, than what the dealer ask for them. I was getting due for my third oil change and while I was waiting. I got to talking to one of the service guys and I was complaining about having to have my neighbor help me out, with my oil change again. By holding the bike up straight for me. While I did all the work. The service guy told me, in a very low voice. So that nobody else could hear him. He told me to find a two foot 2X4 and to put it under the kickstand and that would balance the bike up straight and then I could put my oil drain pan under the bike and change the oil and filter by myself. It sounded kind of sketchy at first. So, I ask him what's going to keep it from falling over? He told me, to just leave the front end locked and that would keep it steady. So, I did it like he said to do and it worked out like a charm. It took me about fifteen minutes to do everything, without any messes to clean up too. The last time, that I was at my local dealership, I bought him lunch, for the great advise. That he turned me onto. So there you have it, the poor man's oil change, with just a 2X4 under the kickstand, with the front wheel lock on and your good to go. Worked like a charm. It really pays off to get to know your local dealerships, service people and make friends. Now that I'm doing my own maintenance, since I got that Dealertool. I'll still stop by and bring in some donuts for everybody to enjoy. That way, I can keep getting some great tips on how to approach things, that I haven't quite got down yet.

sikatri

Local time
Today, 16:10
My Ride
2005 Triumph Thruxton 900
2x4 is how I do it. The different types of paddock stands are interesting, but not necessary yet for the work I’ve done.

Premium

Support TriumphTalk by becoming a Premium Member.

What You Get

Donate

Search

Top Bottom