Mystery Electrical plug

Bsaa10bill

Riding for 34 Years
Local time
Today, 15:08
My Ride
1999 triumph Tiger
OK, I just took the tank off of my 1999 Tiger and found this plug on the right hand side sitting there unplugged with no male plug in sight. It has a 4 wires, Purple w/white, black, white and grey. The wiring diagram leads me to believe that it should go to the heated Oxygen Sensor. I rode the bike about 2 months ago when I first looked at it and it ran fine. Is this a necessary part? Am I mistaken about what it is? Thanks in advance. I mentioned this in a previous post but couldn't figure out how to edit the previous post.

Attachments

Bsaa10bill

Riding for 34 Years
Local time
Today, 15:08
My Ride
1999 triumph Tiger
OK, I just took the tank off of my 1999 Tiger and found this plug on the right hand side sitting there unplugged with no male plug in sight. It has a 4 wires, Purple w/white, black, white and grey. The wiring diagram leads me to believe that it should go to the heated Oxygen Sensor. I rode the bike about 2 months ago when I first looked at it and it ran fine. Is this a necessary part? Am I mistaken about what it is? Thanks in advance. I mentioned this in a previous post but couldn't figure out how to edit the previous post.
I believe the exhaust is after market so the o2 sensor is no longer there. Thanks

CarlS

Charter Member #3
Riding for 62 Years
Staff
Local time
Today, 18:08
First Name
Carl
My Ride
12 Tiger 800 XC
I had a similar plug on my 03 T100. It was for an alarm. I also have one on my 12 Tiger 800. It is for an auxiliary power plug which is an option.

Premium

Support TriumphTalk by becoming a Premium Member.

What You Get

Donate

Search

Top Bottom