Magno

Local time
Today, 06:17
First Name
Magno
My Ride
Triumph T140V
Dear Bikers
In order to make clutch action a bit easier I have recently changed my T140v Bonneville to a 7 plate clutch and softer springs. Although this appears to have worked well I now find problems with clutch adjustment.
I have set the 3 clutch springs to open correctly and have relied on the pushrod and cable adjustments to get the correct clearance.
The problem is that I can't get it correctly set to easily attain neutral gear. It changes into neutral quite easily when the bike is moving but whilst staionary it is extremely difficult. All other gears are easy to locate.
I've tried all possible adjustments of the cable but to no avail.
If you have any advice I'd be grateful.
Best wishes

Magno

You need to fiddle with your 3 basket adjustment screws on the spring pressure, for full release.

It's much easier on the older timed breather bikes because you can run them without the primary cover and test/adjust/test/adjust as necessary without fitting up the cover.

Thanks Grandpaul
I did adjust the springs so that the plate just cleared when I applied clutch lever whilst still gripping the plates when released. Then I gave them each a couple of turns to avoid any clutch slip.
Do you think I should go back to the 3 screws and loosen them off again?
Bloody nuisance having to re-fit the cover after each adjustment.

Yep, the OIFs are a pain in the rear, in more ways than one; especially the ones with a rear disc.

Cheers amigo

Premium

Support TriumphTalk by becoming a Premium Member.

What You Get

Donate

Search

Back
Top Bottom