Never again !

The reason i was wondering is because i had a radiator repair shop one time that had one of those in it, it would run you out of there it worked so well no matter how cold it got. I always remembered how efficient it was, i have a wood heater in my shop now that was given to me right after i built the shop or that gas heater is what i would have now.

I went with natural gas because it is availabe and the burner is fully vented to the outside. I have some lung difficulties. I cannot use a propane or wood stove due to my lung problems. I am installing a thermostat too. Should be done this week. ...J.D.

It is rated at 50,000 btus if that gives you any idea. I don't know how to calculate that. I guess it depends on how cold it is outside. See the spec sheet on thier webside. I bought it from Northern Tool. ...J.D.

BTW: $420+ tax & shipping.
I can't see what all the Fuss is about. After your last ride before Winter Just,

Move it into the Bedroom , ......with all the other bikes !!.......ha.....ha...!

Chris

Once lived in a neighborhood when some bikers moved in. They kept all thier choppers in the living room & had a giant Harley eagle in the middle of the front window. That is when I decided that was no place for my family to live. ...J.D.

The latest on this.project is we now have the gas line and electric power connected. As of today I pulled wire in for.the thermostat and test ran the unit. It puts out great heat ! I did hit a snag. The blower fan was shipped with a faulty bearing in the motor.. I talked to the manufacturer's warrenty people (very nice). They are shipping me a new motor under warranty. Today I decided while I am waiting for that motor, I am going to wire in a switch that will cut the unit off if the garage door is open. Project is coming along and should be done soon. ...J.D.

I am definitely a wimp when it comes to cold. I was born and raised in Southern California. I moved to the inland desert part of the state where it gets in the low 20°f range. I freeze. But last summer it topped out at 119°f. I no longer am able to do the heavy work myself, but I am blessed to be retired from a career that included some heating and air and have $$ to fight back. ...J.D.

Last edited:
He couldn't show me cold, I'd freeze to death before he could show it to me. BGRIN
I hear you loud and clear!! Me too!

I am definitely a wimp when it comes to cold. I was born and raised in Southern California. I moved to the inland desert part of the state where it gets in the low 20°f range. I freeze. But last summer it topped out at 119°f. I no longer am able to do the heavy work myself, but I am blessed to be retired from a career that included some heating and air and have $$ to fight back. ...J.D.
JD, I, too am a wimp when it comes to cold. I am definitely a Florida guy. Anything below 60F is COLD!!

I hear you loud and clear!! Me too!

JD, I, too am a wimp when it comes to cold. I am definitely a Florida guy. Anything below 60F is COLD!!
Well all you wimps. Fired up the new garage heater. According to my digital thermometer, with it 72°f. inside the shop, the discharge air coming out of the unit was 150°f. THAT should keep my old arthritic bones happy. Can now get my bikes, cars and other toys serviced in the winter so I can play with them all summer. The way it should be. I am a happy camper :D. ...J.D.

Congrats, J.D. That heater should be a godsend!

Sounds great! Good for you TUP

Congrads, gotta have heat on the cold days, no fun when the end of your fingers hurt

I'm going with a built in natural gas unit, mounted on the ceiling. Can't get anything done here in the winter. If it is not cold, the wind is blowing or both. The time has come. ...J.D.

I put in a Sterling ceiling unit about 10 years ago that runs on propane. I live rural so propane is the only option. Works great and keeps our attached two car garage/shop just right. Have not had to repair it in any way.

I put in a Sterling ceiling unit about 10 years ago that runs on propane. I live rural so propane is the only option. Works great and keeps our attached two car garage/shop just right. Have not had to repair it in any way.
You have to have some good heat where you live, here we have mild winters but with my age it sure seems alot colder than it is. I sure was warmer when i was younger!

Update on my mechanical shop from last year. I got most everything moved in last winter. Got a few projects done. Then the virus thing started. I'll be doing more motorcycle projects this winter. For now I have been getting my computers updated and setting up some video conferencing applications so we will not feel so isolated. ...J.D.

Garage-01-2020.jpg

Very nice. I wish I had a shop like that.

Beautiful work space! Envious.

Thanks guys. The house is pretty old, but I paid it off. Not fancy, but lots of space..Next I need to start organizing my wood shop. At almost 75, I have to stay busy or I die. ;) ...J.D.

I know what you mean, gotta stay active even if all your joints hurt!

Premium

Support TriumphTalk by becoming a Premium Member.

What You Get

Donate

Search

Back
Top Bottom