Edawg

Local time
Today, 02:10
First Name
Ian
My Ride
2017 ST
Hello all from Virginia!
Just picked up a Bobber Black this weekend, and loving it.
My street twin was in the shop due to a crappy tow truck tiedown incident, had a stretch of amazing weather and a weakness to ride set upon me. Look forward to interacting with you all!

Attachments

• 20180401_141046.jpg
    20180401_141046.jpg
    91.6 KB · Views: 22
  • 20180401_141159.jpg
    20180401_141159.jpg
    326.2 KB · Views: 21
Hello and welcome to TT BBEER

Thanks! I've actually been on the street twin side of TT up until now. :)

BGRIN OK, well.....welcome again anyway TUP

Hello and welcome to the forum. I really like this bike but for myself it would be a wast as I ride two up most of the time and the wife would not agree to not being able to go for a ride :eek:

It was a tough sell. Once I told her she could learn and if she wanted take the Street Twin she was in.

:five: Welcome again, Edawg. Sounds like you said the right thing to the wife.

Glad you found a new Triumph you like as well as the ST. They are getting lots of rave reviews on the Bobber and now they come out with the "Black" edition and make it even better. Let us know how you like it after you get some good seat time.

Qship- copy. 200 miles now and counting on the bobber black, including an 80 mile jaunt to bring her home.

Can't wait to finish breaking her in. So far it's a blast!

Edawg, welcome back, nice looking bike keep us posted.

Quick update--

Going on 1200 miles now. Still having a blast! Had a few Harley cats (Heritage and an Ultra... both have been riding HD around 20+ years) throw a leg over and the smiles were so wide after it could've split their faces in half.

So easy to ride and the amenities are fantastic. Rain and dry road modes, dual front disk brakes, true cruise control... and so on... Love it!

If you get a chance to throw a leg over one... highly recommend it!!!

Cheers!
E

It sure is s nice bike and I would love to get a chance to take a ride on one.

Congrats and welcome -- watch out for Hemibee.....he likes to play practical jokes and light farts--- but he is harmless. :)

Aren't they fun? As I've said before, I really love my Bobber a lot. It's a great fun bike to ride and own. That I wouldn't take anything for mine. I like it, that much. But that's just IMO and also, my love for my Bobber too.

Such a cool bike!

The weather was really nice, warm and sunny today. So, I decided to go for about a two hour ride, after I got a babysitter for my mother. I just got back a little bit ago and I really needed that ride, badly. Next thing is, an overnighter. At this campground that about twenty minutes, from my house with a lake, along with a river, that flows through it. I've got a one man pop-tent and a sleeping bag, along with my press pot and some really good dark roast ground coffee. that I grind myself, from the beans. Besides, there's nothing better in the morning, than a fresh cup of campground joe anyway. That's the next thing that I'm going to do on my Bobber. Then I'm almost due for an oil change, then check out, my front brakes, chain and sprockets. Then, I should be good to go just about anywhere, that I might want to go. I've been wanting to go to Yellowstone. But unfortunately, I don't see that in the cards for this year. Because, I can't afford to leave my 89 year old mother, with a babysitter that long. She has a lot of medical problems, like a colostomy bag. That has to be cleaned out, every four hours and a complete bag change every week, early in the morning too. So I really can't go too far away, from her at this point, in her life. She also has a form of Dementia, that's called White Brain Matter Disease with Lewy Bodies. So, I really can't go to far away from her, for any lengthy periods of time, for awhile. Then, I'm getting out of California and moving to either South Dakota, North Dakota, or Wyoming. Where it's cheaper to live. California has become too high, to live in anymore and has some of the worst laws around. It's really to bad to. Because, I really love California a lot. It's a very beautiful state and at one time, had some really great people living here. But, it has become so greedy, dirty and has some of the most draconian and controlling laws, next to NYC. Most real Californians are talking about moving, or have already moved out of state. Because, it's gotten so expensive to live here anymore.

Bless you for taking such good care of your mom. My mom is 93 and doing rather well.
I escaped CA March 24 2019. I moved to Mesquite NV and love it. My brand new home in Del Web Sun City was 250K, the same house in Chico CA would be 500K+. No state tax here, great small town atmosphere, 80 miles north of Vegas, 40 miles south of St. George UT. Moving here is the best choice I've ever made.
Best of luck to you wherever you decide to go, and blessing for your mom.

Hello all from Virginia!
Just picked up a Bobber Black this weekend, and loving it.
My street twin was in the shop due to a crappy tow truck tiedown incident, had a stretch of amazing weather and a weakness to ride set upon me. Look forward to interacting with you all!

Just got a new 2020 Bobber Black, myself. Lovin' this thing.

Attachments

• bob_6-3-20.jpg
    bob_6-3-20.jpg
    538.8 KB · Views: 6
NICE bike!

Premium

Support TriumphTalk by becoming a Premium Member.

What You Get

Donate

Search

Back
Top Bottom