New Pipes

Bonnie12

Local time
Today, 02:11
First Name
Mike
My Ride
2012 t00 Bonneville
Hay guys just put new shorty pipes on my t100.took it out for a test ride. No noticeable change in performance but I do have some back fireing on deceleration. Is this a product of a lean condition due to the mufflers the bike is a 2012,so its injected so i would need to have the dealer load a new tune for me if thats the case. Thanks in advance.

Before you go to the dealer about it, ride it for 100 miles and see if the ECU adjusts to the new pipes.

Ok woul
Before you go to the dealer about it, ride it for 100 miles and see if the ECU adjusts to the new pipes.
Ok will do.would you agree that the back fire is do to a lien condition, or just because the mufflers are 12" long?

I don't know; I would think it was a rich condition where unburnt gas is going out the exhaust and popping from the hot pipes, but like I said I don't know. I do know the ECU on the injected bikes is pretty adaptable.

Am behind you 100 percent Greyfell .

I don't know; I would think it was a rich condition where unburnt gas is going out the exhaust and popping from the hot pipes, but like I said I don't know. I do know the ECU on the injected bikes is pretty adaptable.
Thanks for the info. Are you familiar with the uk made dunstall pea shooter style mufflers. They look like the stock pipes,but have the aggressive sound of aftermarket exhaust, and are reasonably priced. Just looking for a alternative to the$ 600 slip ones. Thanks.

Thanks for the info. Are you familiar with the uk made dunstall pea shooter style mufflers. They look like the stock pipes,but have the aggressive sound of aftermarket exhaust, and are reasonably priced. Just looking for a alternative to the$ 600 slip ones. Thanks.
I am not familiar with alternative pipes/mufflers/silencers. I haven't had any intention of making modifications, so I haven't tried to gather information.

Premium

Support TriumphTalk by becoming a Premium Member.

What You Get

Donate

Search

Back
Top Bottom