Nortony

Riding for 44 Years
Local time
Today, 01:00
First Name
Anthony
My Ride
Thruxton TFC
So I bought a new Thruxton FTC and wanted to delete the cat. Install an “X” pipes and reinstall the custom mufflers that come with the bike. Contacted a vendor n was told an “ X” pipe conversion doesn’t work because the stock mufflers have a welded on extension on the front of the muffler and that an Arrow Race Pipe set up would work, contacted Revzilla they said I needed a full system. Anybody own one and been down this road.

brooke

Riding for 49 Years
Local time
Today, 02:00
First Name
Brooke
My Ride
16 thruxton r. 2011 tiger 800
Better get under there and have a look at what’s going on . Sounds like the cat and the pipes are welded together, but that makes little sense. As you are probably aware the normal Thruxton cat is clamped at all 4 connections . Agreed Would be nice to keep the stock pipes if possible.

Nortony

Riding for 44 Years
Local time
Today, 01:00
First Name
Anthony
My Ride
Thruxton TFC
So I bought a new Thruxton FTC and wanted to delete the cat. Install an “X” pipes and reinstall the custom mufflers that come with the bike. Contacted a vendor n was told an “ X” pipe conversion doesn’t work because the stock mufflers have a welded on extension on the front of the muffler and that an Arrow Race Pipe set up would work, contacted Revzilla they said I needed a full system. Anybody own one and been down this road.
anyway finally got around to removing the catalytic converter on the TFC And yes there are extensions welded on the the front of the mufflers. The solution was a pair of Arrow race pipes which are a bit longer then the conventional Arrow headers. They connected straight onto the extension on the TFC mufflers. So, you don’t need an “X” pipe to delete the cat. but you do have to buy new head pipes. Sound and performance pretty much the same as with the stock set up although you save a bit of weight.

brooke

Riding for 49 Years
Local time
Today, 02:00
First Name
Brooke
My Ride
16 thruxton r. 2011 tiger 800
Money can solve problems.

Premium

Support TriumphTalk by becoming a Premium Member.

What You Get

Donate

Top Bottom