New tires(tyre) for the Adventure crowd- Dunlop Trailmax Mission

Should out last the PR 3s with ease . If I have any doubts about the trail max it’s the lack of dual compound rubber . Michelin seems to have it well developed . I get 18k kms from Annie 3s if the road is a bit twisty. Good to hear you got good mileage from the PR3s , I have the Road 5 s on the Thruxton R . They are supposed to be longer wearing than the 3s but so far not so sure .

Thanks Q had forgotten about black fly issue . Any word on how much of the road is still unpaved ?
More each year paved, but don't have an accurate map of paved/unpaved yet.

@CarlS have you checked Revzilla? They have them in stock, but checked their prices and it almost matches the Canadian pricing above. NOT a good deal IMO.
No, I haven't checked Revzilla. I will check their prices. I have bought my last two sets from Bike Bandit.

The Anakee Adventure should last 10k miles? I'll be happy if I get 6k out of them...10k would be amazing! I have yet to be on a tire that lasts more than 8k! The longest-lasting tires were 8k miles (Michelin PR3) on my Concours, 6k miles on any tire I put on my 2106 Trophy, and 3k on my Tiger.
Mike, 8000 miles is about what I get. I will see if these do any better.

Brooke, I was thinking about this tire thread last night and realized you mention 18k from Anakee III's? That's INSANE! Maybe a different bike, definitely different riding style...I had Anakee III's a couple of sets ago on my Tiger and they were done at 3k miles! I have now lost all hope in my Adventures lasting any longer than that! :y47:

@mike2411, Brooke is Canadian so he gave figures in kilometers. 18k kilometers is just over 11k miles; still a surprisingly good distance.

The post stated 18 k kms . I am on my third set of 3s now . The last set did 16 k kms of pure hiway , 18 k set spent a week around the Dragon . Got just 8 or 9 k kms from the original Pirellis . Have seen a few reports of guys doing 20 plus on 3s . My Tiger is an 800 not an 1800 . My Thruxton is a 1200 , original Corsas ,4300 kms , 2700 miles , thread bare . I have considered putting 3s on the thrux R but there are a couple of new sport/tours coming out this year with better wear promised . You must be getting Chinese Knock offs .

Chinese knockoffs?? :y23:

That is funny but it's because I ride like I stole it...always! I ride too hard and it eats tires! I commute 80 miles a day (round trip) and part of that daily commute is on a twisty mountain pass that I ride HARD! I ride my Tiger like it's on a track and that is my tire-downfall! I can't get more than 3k-6k miles on any tire since going to Triumph bikes, no more than 3k on any tire that has been on the Tiger...the bikes handle so well that it inspires "tire-melting" riding! So, my tire saga continues and sounds like it will always be an issue until I decide to slow down and that won't happen anytime soon (been doing it for 30 years)! BBEER

Not necessarily. You can save money by taking a little longer to get to your destination or you can save time by spending more money on tires. If my wife had her way it'd be the first, taking longer and saving money, but she's not getting her way on this one!!

Now I get it !

These tires have now becoming widely available across Canada, so will be ordering a set soon. From all the reviews I have read coming in from the Southern climes, they sound like a good tire choice for me. Reasonably long lasting and good grip on and off the tarmac. Think they will become quite popular so will get mine early. Won't be putting them on until early to mid June, just prior to my trip this summer.

Am I correct in saying they are about 10 percent more than A 3s . The 3s may have even gone down a little . Pete has obviously got his wrist slapped for showing his discounts. Has to send you an email now . I still have a new A3 on the rack for this summer so will be waiting for your report .

Oh ... How many days are you expecting to take for gravelly trip ?

Just checked F9 $ 180 for 3s $ 250 for adventure. ...rear cdn . A few Michelin’s at good discounts.

@brooke will be taking about a week and a half to do the Trans Lab/ Newfoundland loop. Going clockwise thru Quebec to Labrador and down across Newfoundland and back thru Nova Scotia to home. Pete's Superbike is THE cheapest I could find for the Dunlop Trailmax Mission tires shipped to my door.

Well just ordered a set of the Trailmax Missions. Will be here in a week or so if the dealer's supplier is accurate. Was going to order thru Pete's Superbike as originally stated, but they cannot even order the size I need. Went thru our big mega dealership(Rallye Motoplex) where I bought my TEX and they almost met Pete's pricing, but claim their supplier has them. We shall see.
Was not going to even get these this year as our big trip thru Labrador and Newfoundland is canned til next year. Was going to get some cheap Shinko 705s for this year but even those are back ordered til mid July.

Daddy's got a new pair of shoes.
20200703_201756.jpg20200703_201811.jpg20200703_201824.jpg20200703_201836.jpg

Installed late yesterday evening so only took a quick spin around the "block". Will have to wait until later for my first impressions. The short trip yesterday evening indicated they were slow to turn in and felt sluggish compared to the Metzler Tourance Nexts that came. off. They have to get scrubbed in yet. Front pressure was 36 psi vs the stock 32 psi.

Last edited:
Premium

Support TriumphTalk by becoming a Premium Member.

What You Get

Donate

Search

Back
Top Bottom