New to the Speed Twin Forum

nanotech

Local time
Yesterday, 22:19
My Ride
2019 Speed Twin
Good Evening,
Brand new to the forum . I am from Cupertino, CA , USA . Riding since 27 Years . Recently Bought a Speed Twin (Jet Black) and already clocked in 750 Miles . Loving every bit of it . Very Nice Ergonomics , pretty stylish , extremely easy to handle in the cities , twisties and highways . Love the seat height ( I am 5' 9") .

Nice to see so many speed twin enthusiasts here .

Couple of observations .

1. Under the seat and the tank (Right hand side) I found two taped unused wire plugs . Not sure what they are , looked like some sort of additional provisions and forgot to ask at the dealership during my first service.

2. Vibrates a bit more on higher RPM for a 1200 CC engine

Regards,
Nano

Hello and welcome.

The Speed Twin was really a great adition to the Triumph lineup, they did an awesome job on this one.

Those extra wirring points are what you thought they are. These days there are so many great devices you can purchase for your ride so it is nice to see they made provision for extra electrical mods.

Hello and welcome.

The Speed Twin was really a great adition to the Triumph lineup, they did an awesome job on this one.

Those extra wirring points are what you thought they are. These days there are so many great devices you can purchase for your ride so it is nice to see they made provision for extra electrical mods.
Thanks Dave . !!!!

Hello and welcome to the forum.

:five: Welcome, from Contra Costa County, CA.

Hi nanotech. I'm in your general area, and just got a black one also. Only got to do a couple of short rides so far, hoping to get some miles in after the holidays.

Hi nanotech. I'm in your general area, and just got a black one also. Only got to do a couple of short rides so far, hoping to get some miles in after the holidays.
Hi mjg15 ,
Welcome and Happy New Year. It's been a month and half for me and I had put 1000 Miles on mine . Been commuting to office and couple of PCH rides through La-Honda . Let me know when you want to go on a ride . I will confirm based on my availability .

Cheers !!
Nano

Hi mjg15 ,
Welcome and Happy New Year. It's been a month and half for me and I had put 1000 Miles on mine . Been commuting to office and couple of PCH rides through La-Honda . Let me know when you want to go on a ride . I will confirm based on my availability .

Cheers !!
Nano
I plan to do those roads as well, I do a loop of La Honda/PCH a few times per year. Only got a chance to put about 50 miles on before going away for the holidays. I'm away until next week, I'll get in touch when I'm back.

I plan to do those roads as well, I do a loop of La Honda/PCH a few times per year. Only got a chance to put about 50 miles on before going away for the holidays. I'm away until next week, I'll get in touch when I'm back.
Sounds Good !!!

Back on the west coast. I made some suspension changes to the bike that need a good ride to do some tweaking. Hoping to get a nice day on the weekend
Saturday and Sunday both the days are partly cloudy .

Nanotech, temps haven’t been great, just took a few short rides mid day, when it’s warm. Mostly been fiddling with the bike, and waiting for a nice day to come.

Attachments

• D147E5DE-F6F9-486B-91A0-F181815A9306.jpeg
    D147E5DE-F6F9-486B-91A0-F181815A9306.jpeg
    399.1 KB · Views: 13
Nanotech, temps haven’t been great, just took a few short rides mid day, when it’s warm. Mostly been fiddling with the bike, and waiting for a nice day to come.
Good Evening Sir ,
Yes Weather is playing spoil sport (Looks Like Sunny California but feels like central Antarctica) . I am just riding to office and back . Let's wait for the weather to open up a bit .Then we can plan few trips together.
BTW , went for the "best of British 2020" show at San Jose Down Town couple of days back. They Unveiled the Rocket 3 R and GT . Fantastic Machines .

went for the "best of British 2020" show at San Jose Down Town couple of days back.
Where was it held? I went to the event in Sacramento, in November.

I enjoyed the fact Triumph was holding these in or near a brewery/taphouse. Had one of the best beers I've ever tasted, Firestone Walker's anniversary ale.

I enjoyed the fact Triumph was holding these in or near a brewery/taphouse. Had one of the best beers I've ever tasted, Firestone Walker's anniversary ale.
I was still away for the holidays, on the east coast, didn't get to go.

Premium

Support TriumphTalk by becoming a Premium Member.

What You Get

Donate

Search

Back
Top Bottom