New Triumph Trophy

At least the male model makes the bike look not quite so ugly. :)

Not my kind of bike though.

Posted via ripped tapatalk.

I can and have ridden Tigers for hours at a time. I'd much prefer the Tiger 1200 Explorer to the Trophy and I'd much rather have my manageable Tiger 800 to either of the 1200s. Others will view it differently.

+1 I definitely agree. The Trophy does not fit my style of riding.

Out of place here, but what the heck, the 2013 Street Triple R. In my view it looks much more serious and businesslike than the old familiar model.
View attachment 9128
And the dealer's got a demo R model- I wonder if I can blag a ride on it? :y6:

I love the Street Triple and the Speed Triple.

OK Carl, but what about my effort at modelling? :y9:

Spectacular! BGRIN

None of you would have owned the old Trophy either. But there are those of us who find that type of bike perfect for us. And it seems that Triumph has addressed all the little problems from the old Trophy in the new one. I'm not a cruiser type of rider, so a Rocket wouldn't suit me at all. This type of bike appeals to the type of rider that would buy a BMW and I believe they've laid down the gauntlet just as they did vs BMW in the dual sport range. And...they beat the BMW's pricetag as well.

Gotta admit it, I loved my '02 Trophy......weather protection, power, handling; but it was top heavy, needed a custom saddle and windshield and was so heavy that dead stop tip-overs were a constant threat (and reality). I owned it for 10 years and wish I still could handle the weight problem, but arthritis and spinal stenosis finally convinced me to trade it on a new T100. I'm looking forward to seeing the new Trophy but I know it'd never be the bike for me........the weight and saddle height wouldn't suite my 29" inseam, I'm sure. Lord, but I wish that they'd do a Bonneville with a full fairing and luggage, but I'd probably be the only one who'd buy it.

Just the rambling thoughts of a "village idiot": Jim

Dave I actually imagined the bike to be a lot taller than what it seems in this photo. I am also not into these bigger bike we are seeing, i just don't need to be hauling all that bulk around.

Its seat height is about the same as a Tiger 1050- pretty tall & the screen raises up by 100 or 120mm.

Ok then I am more with you as I have been on the Tiger 1050

None of you would have owned the old Trophy either. But there are those of us who find that type of bike perfect for us. And it seems that Triumph has addressed all the little problems from the old Trophy in the new one. I'm not a cruiser type of rider, so a Rocket wouldn't suit me at all. This type of bike appeals to the type of rider that would buy a BMW and I believe they've laid down the gauntlet just as they did vs BMW in the dual sport range. And...they beat the BMW's pricetag as well.

I hope it is successful and puts a dent in BMW's share of the market.

I am not a cruiser guy either. I have never owned a bike with a faring; It is just too hot in the summer. As I have gotten older, lighter bikes are what I enjoy.

Them seat height is adjustable and the windscreen raises high because old Trophy owners had to put windscreens on that were very high to prevent buffeting. This way you don't need to change the screen and can adjust it to maximum height unless necessary.

Well, My offer from my dealer of taking a new Trophy for a few days to run it in for them didn't eventuate! Not because the dealer reneged, but because he took a week off and the assistant manager took it instead. Not to worry. I had a ride for a couple of hours and found the bike everything I expected it would be. Very nice, but the price tag is too high for me at the moment. Anyway, I went to the dealership last Wednesday to get a new pair of handle bar grips for the 01 trophy that has served me sooo well for the last 7 years. I love this bike.

When I was in there, I was chatting to one of the salesmen who is a personal friend. He told me he had just traded a 2009 BMW R1200RT Se model on a new T100. The owner was an older guy returning to bikes and bought the RT on a whim because he liked to look of it. He got it brand new and added nearly AUD$4000 of genuine BMW extras on it. A very large top box, a genuine BMW tank bag and fittings and a BMW paint protection kit valued at $3000.0 !!! Turns out that he didn't like the bike, too big and his wife wouldn't go on it, so he swapped it with no changeover for a new T100. I had a look at the bike and was impressed. The value for money was outstanding. Only 5183 klms on the clock and AUD$17,990 ride away. to cut to the chase, I bought it... I told Susie that I got the handgrips when I got home and then showed her some pics I took on my iPhone of the bike. Took a bit of convincing but she agreed to let me get it. She knows the old Trophy is in need of some work with over 150,000 klms on the dial and she see's my frustration every time something else needs replacing.

I collected it last Saturday and I am most impressed. Doesn't take off as quick as the Trumpy but is very torquey and smooth. Has just about all the added extras you can think of, radio, CD player, electronic cruise control, heated seats etc... As I ride every day in all weather conditions, this will do nicely.

The Trophy is staying, When I got her I said I would never sell her on and I won't. I'll do her the honour of a rebuild and total revamp and use it on club runs etc...

I'm also restoring a Yamaha XJ650 Seca, another bike close to my heart, bought a brand new one when I met Susie and we did so many miles on it before the kids came along. Suppose I'll just keep adding as I get older, ha ha.

Please don't think of me as a traitor to Triumph, that I will never be. I love the Trophy, it's a classic, but I just could not resist the value for money the Beemer offered as opposed to a new Trophy. Maybe another day :) I have attached two pics of the Beemer taken Saturday at my local waterfront and one of the trusty old Trophy, same location taken seven years ago. Love my bikes.

DSCN0644.jpgDSCN0636.jpgTrophy Right side.jpg

Sounds like you got a real bargain- congrats!

Nice pics, too.

Good going Lee you could not turn away a deal like that. It looks like the Trophy and the BMW are about the same size and hight more or less

Congratulations, Lee. That is great deal on a fine bike! Enjoy. TUP TUP

You TRAITOR!!! :)

Now you need a helmet with a spike on the top!!

Posted using Tapatalk 2 via my RAZR

Premium

Support TriumphTalk by becoming a Premium Member.

What You Get

Donate

Search

Back
Top Bottom