No juice

Justrob88

Local time
Today, 00:47
First Name
Rob
My Ride
2005 triumph speedmaster
So I just bought a 2005 speedmaster. It has been sitting for 5 or6 years. Motor is not locked up. I hook a jumper box to it got oil pressure light but no head or tail light or another light at all. Tried to start with ignition button and nothing. Yes it is in neutral but could it be cause the kickstand is down? What do you all think thank you.

Dead battery. Time for a new one.

Almost sounds like kill switch is on. Kick stand safety switch may be defective, but will only work when put in gear and side stand is down.
You say getting lights working in gauge cluster, but is the neutral(green) light on? If not lit, bike will not roll over.
Also, not sure how familiar you are with Triumphs, but will not start unless clutch lever is pulled in.
Hope you get 'er fired up soon.
Also like Rocky said, battery could be bad as it may have a short in it so will not allow current through it, even with a booster pack hooked up.

Last edited:
Assuming you have installed a good battery, the kickstand switch will not disable the lights. I would check the main fuse first. It is the 30amp fuse in the fuseblock. It is directly wired to the kill switch. If it is good, I would them pull the kill.swich off. Use a meter or test light to check if you have power on both sides of the kill switch. Let us know what you find.. ...J.D.

Premium

Support TriumphTalk by becoming a Premium Member.

What You Get

Donate

Search

Back
Top Bottom