vollie99

Riding for 1 Year
Local time
Today, 00:46
First Name
mally
My Ride
triumph adventurer 900
When starting up she's not firing on number one cylinder and when she is getting warmer starts to misfire on number one and when hot it will fire nearly properly, tried changing the coils over from number three and no difference, had carbs cleaned and new plug lead on number one but no difference, can anyone help please, Mally

Islemann

Riding for 59 Years
Local time
Yesterday, 16:46
First Name
Michael
My Ride
2000 Triumph Tiger 885i
1999 Triumph Sprint ST
2000 Honda VFR800fi
When starting up she's not firing on number one cylinder and when she is getting warmer starts to misfire on number one and when hot it will fire nearly properly, tried changing the coils over from number three and no difference, had carbs cleaned and new plug lead on number one but no difference, can anyone help please, Mally
How long since you've done a valve adjustment check? Tight valves will exhibit this kind of behavior.

vollie99

Riding for 1 Year
Local time
First Name
mally
My Ride
triumph adventurer 900
only had the bike a year ,dont know when last the valves were checked ,thanks for getting back to me Mally

vollie99

Riding for 1 Year
Local time
First Name
mally
My Ride
triumph adventurer 900
only had the bike a year ,dont know when last the valves were checked ,thanks for getting back to me Mally
Have had a compression test and they are perfect, had the carbs sonically cleaned and balanced, it's fires on all three ok, but it feels a bit uneven when cruising at a constant speed

Islemann

Riding for 59 Years
Local time
First Name
Michael
My Ride
2000 Triumph Tiger 885i
1999 Triumph Sprint ST
2000 Honda VFR800fi
Have had a compression test and they are perfect, had the carbs sonically cleaned and balanced, it's fires on all three ok, but it feels a bit uneven when cruising at a constant speed
Triumph triples are a unique feeling motor. There is a balance shaft that is gear driven, that gives the characteristic straight cut gear whine. They're smooth but not as smooth as an inline 4. Advantage to the triple is bigger pistons for same displacement results in greater torque across the board. When you say uneven are you speaking of a surge or what? Try to be specific.

vollie99

Riding for 1 Year
Local time
First Name
mally
My Ride
triumph adventurer 900
it doesn't feel smooth as when accelerating the engine feels very smooth, when going through the gears ,not sure how to put into words Its like abit like starving of petrol,but it cant be because its getting plenty going through the gears, im baffled.

Islemann

Riding for 59 Years
Local time
First Name
Michael
My Ride
2000 Triumph Tiger 885i
1999 Triumph Sprint ST
2000 Honda VFR800fi
it doesn't feel smooth as when accelerating the engine feels very smooth, when going through the gears ,not sure how to put into words Its like abit like starving of petrol,but it cant be because its getting plenty going through the gears, im baffled.
Have you checked the condition of the chain and sprockets? A chain with a tight spot can give an uneven feeling.

vollie99

Riding for 1 Year
Local time
First Name
mally
My Ride
triumph adventurer 900
I'm thinking it's to do with the carbs because they have started to leak fuel, finding fuel in the engine crevices and the carbs are wet with fuel, can't believe it because it's just been professionally cleaned

Islemann

Riding for 59 Years
Local time
First Name
Michael
My Ride
2000 Triumph Tiger 885i
1999 Triumph Sprint ST
2000 Honda VFR800fi
I'm thinking it's to do with the carbs because they have started to leak fuel, finding fuel in the engine crevices and the carbs are wet with fuel, can't believe it because it's just been professionally cleaned
were they professionally cleaned _and rebuilt_? leaking float needles can wreak havoc on your motor if you should happen to hydrolock it because of fuel filling a cylinder. If the answer is yes - take it back and have them done properly as someone didn't do the job right.

vollie99

Riding for 1 Year
Local time
First Name
mally
My Ride
triumph adventurer 900
were they professionally cleaned _and rebuilt_? leaking float needles can wreak havoc on your motor if you should happen to hydrolock it because of fuel filling a cylinder. If the answer is yes - take it back and have them done properly as someone didn't do the job right.
Thanks for the info, going to them of and take them back to him, he was recommended to me for his professional bike mechanics

Wire-Wheels

Riding for 51 Years
Local time
My Ride
2002 America.
Just a wild thought. The tachometer runs off of #1 cylinder. Can you disconnect it and see if the problem goes away ? ...J.D.

Premium

Support TriumphTalk by becoming a Premium Member.

What You Get

Donate

Search

Top Bottom