Philois

Riding for 43 Years
Local time
Today, 14:34
First Name
Phil
My Ride
2015 Triumph Bonneville America.
Just went for a ride after removing O2 sensors, as many have already stated on this forum it is a completely different bike. Clean acceleration out of corners, no hesitation whatsoever, starts without using the “choke” and downshifting is a massive improvement as when I blip the throttle to rev match it actually revs up. My brother in law who has a 2012 America doesn’t have this problem. If like him you don’t have this issue consider yourself lucky as it is (was) a pain in the butt. Looking forward to my next ride.

Philois

Riding for 43 Years
Local time
First Name
Phil
My Ride
Just in case anyone is interested this is the kit I purchased to remove the O2 sensors. If you want to look at these search O2eliminators.com not redline superbikes.E324ECB7-DF33-4CD8-8795-B2283DB76532.png86D22820-4C58-4169-9C1D-6F05FA95DF57.pngF6075E37-E9C4-4EF4-A282-41341E9C9081.jpeg

Jackal

Riding for 2 Years
Local time
Yesterday, 23:34
First Name
Alex Norris
My Ride
2009 Speed master
Since you have done this you may need to find a shop and have your fuel map adjusted if you don't have a data tool running your bike (i.e. dyno-jet, or the intake temp sensor mod) without your O2 sensor on a unchecked ECU you could be running to lean on your intake and harming your engine once it warms up in the summer. It may run forever or it could burn your piston rings running too lean for too long.

Philois

Riding for 43 Years
Local time
First Name
Phil
My Ride
Since you have done this you may need to find a shop and have your fuel map adjusted if you don't have a data tool running your bike (i.e. dyno-jet, or the intake temp sensor mod) without your O2 sensor on a unchecked ECU you could be running to lean on your intake and harming your engine once it warms up in the summer. It may run forever or it could burn your piston rings running too lean for too long.
Hi Jackal, I am having this very discussion with several people at the moment, I have contacted the people I bought the kit from to see if I need to do this. My impression from the last paragraph of the information above is that I don’t have to do it, but I will be making sure that is correct. If I have to remap the ECU I certainly will.

Philois

Riding for 43 Years
Local time
First Name
Phil
My Ride
Received a reply from O2eliminators.com that said...
Hi, I would only remap if you have changed the exhaust and air filter. They are resistors within the o2 sensor plugs just plain wires would not give the correct values to the ECU and the Fi light would come straight on.
I currently have stock pipes and air filter so at this stage don’t plan to remap, if I put the aftermarket pipes back on I will. May still end up having a problem with the catalytic converter but I will cross that bridge when I get to it ( I have owned several cars some for up to twenty years and have never changed the catalytic converters on them, and never had an issue)

Jackal

Riding for 2 Years
Local time
Yesterday, 23:34
First Name
Alex Norris
My Ride
2009 Speed master
Received a reply from O2eliminators.com that said...
Hi, I would only remap if you have changed the exhaust and air filter. They are resistors within the o2 sensor plugs just plain wires would not give the correct values to the ECU and the Fi light would come straight on.
I currently have stock pipes and air filter so at this stage don’t plan to remap, if I put the aftermarket pipes back on I will. May still end up having a problem with the catalytic converter but I will cross that bridge when I get to it ( I have owned several cars some for up to twenty years and have never changed the catalytic converters on them, and never had an issue)
They are correct I got ahead of myself on that one, unless you straight pipe or high flow the intake and exhaust there should be no issue. I don't know what I was thinking.

Premium

Support TriumphTalk by becoming a Premium Member.

What You Get

Donate

Search

Top Bottom