Mr.Ladysmith

Local time
Today, 02:56
First Name
Ryan
My Ride
New Rider looking to purchase a 2011 Bonneville T100
Hey friends,

I'm a new rider purchasing his first bike. It is a 2011 Bonneville T100. I'm purchasing through an organization called IMotorsports Inc, a company just outside of Chicago. The bike looks pretty good from the photos online, and I go in to see it and possibly negotiate for its purchase on Thursday. It has 20,000+ miles on it. It's being listed for $4,499.

Is there anything you guys think that I should particularly look out for when I go in? Do you have any advice?

Thanks!
Ryan

That's a good first bike; mine was/is a 2008 T100, and had 34K miles. Sit on it...check the fluid levels...take it for a test ride...look for signs it has been dropped (a few little scratches are OK and pretty normal)... ask about service records...trust your gut.

That's a good first bike; mine was/is a 2008 T100, and had 34K miles. Sit on it...check the fluid levels...take it for a test ride...look for signs it has been dropped (a few little scratches are OK and pretty normal)... ask about service records...trust your gut.

Thanks, brother.

Is the bike in Costa Rica where you can physically check it out or are you just going through that company and seeing pics and hopefully a detailed mechanical inspection?

Is the bike in Costa Rica where you can physically check it out or are you just going through that company and seeing pics and hopefully a detailed mechanical inspection?
I've been on vacation in Costa Rica, but Chicago is where I live — I'm flying back there today.

Let us know what you think when you see it in person. The T100's are fine bikes.

Heard nothing but good about the last generation Bonnevilles being rock solid machines. Not the most technologically advanced machines, but good solid performers.

Premium

Support TriumphTalk by becoming a Premium Member.

What You Get

Donate

Search

Back
Top Bottom