Riding for 55 Years
Local time
Today, 14:02
First Name
Bill
My Ride
1996 Triumph Trophy 900
Yamaha Roadstar 2004
I Just bought a 1996 Trophy 900. I would like to link up with some folks here that own one of these and have had it long enough to help me with some questions. I have a few questions but the first one is how to adjust the tension on the rear monoshock. It looks like it takes a spanner wrench to adjust the setting; but I cant find anything about doing this. I think mine is on the highest setting and I would like to move it down. Thanks.
Also, I got a good deal on this bike because the left side - Primarily the lower left fairing is damaged - cracked, has a hole in it, etc. So I need a replacement. It is BRG color. Any suggestions?
Also, I live in N Georgia - Cherokee County. Any of you guys around here?
I attached some photos - the good, the bad, ugly. Oh, one more thing... so far I love the ride and mechanically it seems great. I just need to park it so that folks can only see the right side...
Thanks
Bill Kline

Attachments

DaveM

Rock & Roll
Riding for 46 Years
Administrator
Local time
Today, 21:02
First Name
Dave
My Ride
Speedmaster
I look like it took a bit of a slide on that side

Bill Kline

Riding for 55 Years
Local time
First Name
Bill
My Ride
1996 Triumph Trophy 900
Yamaha Roadstar 2004
I look like it took a bit of a slide on that side
Hi Dave
YES... it did. Previous owner let batt go down and was trying to jump it off on a gravel road - that was his story... very nice guy, I believe him. but that was pretty un fortunate. But on the other hand, this is why I got the bike for $650. I am riding the fool out of it and I love it. Great power band - perfect for this 67 year old.. runs perfect, so far, it seems to me. No helmet buffeting... none, zero. I love it.
the cosmetic repairs will be a fun project... I hope. If not then I will ride it anyway.
But looking for a used left side BRG lower fairing from a "part out" bike if any members have one of these???

DaveM

Rock & Roll
Riding for 46 Years
Administrator
Local time
First Name
Dave
My Ride
Speedmaster
Well for the price you sure scored a great bike. Everyone that I know that have owned them have loved them.

You might need to shop around for those parts but if she is a rider then you can take your time.

Bill Kline

Riding for 55 Years
Local time
First Name
Bill
My Ride
1996 Triumph Trophy 900
Yamaha Roadstar 2004
Hi Dave ... again
I see you live in S Africa. My favorite professor in forestry school - Univ of Georgia in Athens, GA, USA - was from S Africa. super cool guy and lots of fun to be around. I still keep up with him from time to time. he still goes home from time to time and he has some forestry business concerns there too.
would love to visit there some day...
Anyway, yep; I am looking on Cycletrader and Craigslist for the side panel fairing. can buy a one new.... I think .... from a supplier in England - they say they have it in stock.... approx $400. I may do it, but I also need the pannier cover too.... approx $200. heck, I will have more in beautification cosmetics than I paid for the bike if I do all of that. Probably cheaper than folks pay for botox beautification.... So anyway, I am not in a hurry to find the parts.
You need to come over here sometime and ride the Blue Ridge Parkway on a bike. Its incredible.
C ya, and thanks.
Bill

DaveM

Rock & Roll
Riding for 46 Years
Administrator
Local time
First Name
Dave
My Ride
Speedmaster
looking at what you paid for the bike and these replacement parts I thing you would still have a great bike at a great price. I actually thought those replacement parts would cost a lot more than that. So are you going to go for those parts then?

Premium

Support TriumphTalk by becoming a Premium Member.

What You Get

Donate

Top Bottom