'quick release' fuel pipe

SDNoon

Local time
Today, 07:38
First Name
Simon
My Ride
Thruxton R, Speed Triple
Any of you have any problems getting the fuel pipe off your fuel tank? It's always been tough, but today I couldn't separate the quick connection and I was using the special pliers. Does anyone know if it is a standard off the shelf connector? I may have to cut off the crimp and change it out, as can't get fuel tank off presently. Is the one pictured the same? download.jpeg

I have had trouble with those, too.

Any of you have any problems getting the fuel pipe off your fuel tank? It's always been tough, but today I couldn't separate the quick connection and I was using the special pliers. Does anyone know if it is a standard off the shelf connector? I may have to cut off the crimp and change it out, as can't get fuel tank off presently. Is the one pictured the same? View attachment 45703

The fuel connector looks similar to my Moto Guzzi Norge. I have been disconnecting the power to the fuel pump, then spin the engine with the starter motor. This relieves the fuel pressure, and allows one to disconnect the line with no special tools.
I hope this helps.

Cheers
Wally

Any of you have any problems getting the fuel pipe off your fuel tank? It's always been tough, but today I couldn't separate the quick connection and I was using the special pliers. Does anyone know if it is a standard off the shelf connector? I may have to cut off the crimp and change it out, as can't get fuel tank off presently. Is the one pictured the same? View attachment 45703
I have a similar connector on a recent model Norton. The first time I removed the tank it took me quite a while to figure it out especially since it is in an inconvenient location to examine closely. I ended up just using regular needle nose pliers gently. A caution. I was out riding and it popped apart and started spraying gas forward from the bike . I felt like I was riding a firetruck spraying gas instead of water. I knew what it was immediatey and shut off the ignition and resnapped the connector. I guess I hadn't snapped it fully although it had been several months. I safety wired it when I got home. Don't want that to happen again.

I had that happen tome twice. I now make sure that coupling is tight!

Premium

Support TriumphTalk by becoming a Premium Member.

What You Get

Donate

Search

Back
Top Bottom