Kev89Jr

Local time
Today, 07:13
First Name
Kevin
My Ride
Bobber
Hi there,
A quick windscreen question from a new owner.
I've got a 2010 Bobber, and my screen is cracked. As far as I understand, the screen I've got is aftermarket or something. I was looking for a different shape screen, but I wanted to get one that won't be too noisy.
Now, I found a nice screen by Puig, but the brand itself is not familiar to me. So I wanted to ask someone who had a chance to try riding with a Puig screen to please comment on it.
Thanks,
Kevin.

Wind screens can be tricky to recommend. What works for me may not work for you.
So much depends on how you sit on the bike; the length of your arms; how long or short your torso is; what helmet you wear.
All these things determine how the air flow hits you. Many riders go through several screens until they find the right one - or sometimes trim the screens to suit.
The Puig screen is quite well known on the internet and seems to be a quality product - although I have never used one.
I hope others have more to offer.

I appreciate your help, sir! I was looking at the tiny one, that looks sporty
https://www.motorcycleid.com/images/puig/items/pdf/0013n-mounting-instructions.pdf
Yet you are so right about the airflow. I was more concerned about the quality of plastic and didn't really think of where the air stream will go when I ride with such a screen.
I guess I may check with a manufacturer on this... curious what they say.

I replied to your message more about air flow than quality.
Now that I think about it, a friend has one like that and I had a chance to handle it before he installed it.
The quality looked very good to me and as far as I know he likes it fine since it's been on the bike for a few years.

Okay, thans for commenting on the quality for me!
I think I will go with Puig then...
Cheers!

I have a friend that just replaced his with a Puig, he seems satisfied with it.

Great, seems I am on the right way then...
I have a friend that just replaced his with a Puig, he seems satisfied with it.
Thanks for letting me know, sir!

Premium

Support TriumphTalk by becoming a Premium Member.

What You Get

Donate

Search

Back
Top Bottom