Rear fender trim

TSCHANNE

Local time
Today, 14:54
First Name
Tom
My Ride
2005 Speedmaster
Anybody know where I can find this chrome trim piece?
IMG_1265.JPG
I searched but didn't find anything Triumph specific, maybe a universal fit?

I like that but don't know where it comes from.

I have some permanent nerve damage from a previous dirt bike accident where it's difficult for me to lift my right leg over the seat or rear fender of a bike.
One of the reasons I picked the Speedy I just bought is the single seat and low fender height but my foot still drags across the rear fender when I mount/dismount.
I haven't put them on yet but I even bought a pair of 11" progressive rear shocks to lower the back end by an inch.

This would be perfect to eliminate scratching the rear fender and it looks good too.

Please let us know how it works for you.

I would but the problem is I can't find this part anywhere.

I did find this

Mudguard Finisher, Pressed, Black

with the help of a local dealer, but it has two mounting holes on the bottom side instead of one, which means drilling into the fender. Don't want to do that if I can avoid it.

T - this is the closest I could find:

If you are only looking to prevent scratches, and if you don't mind the look of leather, what about a fender bib? If you Google "triumph america fender bib" and look at images you'll see plenty. There is also a stainless steel one one eBay but it says "out of stock". I've had luck reaching out to the seller and asking if they have any more... And then the seller makes another batch and notified me when they were listed again... It's more effort, but could yield a good outcome. This is the listing I saw:

Good luck!

T - this is the closest I could find:

If you are only looking to prevent scratches, and if you don't mind the look of leather, what about a fender bib? If you Google "triumph america fender bib" and look at images you'll see plenty. There is also a stainless steel one one eBay but it says "out of stock". I've had luck reaching out to the seller and asking if they have any more... And then the seller makes another batch and notified me when they were listed again... It's more effort, but could yield a good outcome. This is the listing I saw:

Good luck!
I saw that solo rack when I was looking but that one is raised up off the fender to high. I like the stainless one you showed and I'll look into a leather fender bib. That might just be the ticket!!

Thanks for the leads, I appreciate it! I'll let you know which I ended up with.

Tom

I went with the leather (actually synthetic) bib. I actually like it better than the chrome one, a lot more understated....

Thanks again for the lead

Tom

Premium

Support TriumphTalk by becoming a Premium Member.

What You Get

Donate

Search

Back
Top Bottom