Remapping Scrambler 900

Zookybeans

Local time
Today, 15:17
First Name
Sanjeet
My Ride
Triumph Scrambler 900
I just installed British Customs slip on shotgun exhaust. Needs remapping. The closest triumph dealer ship can only do it by mid August. I don’t want to wait that long. Question 1 : can any motorcycle dealership do the remapping( eg. Harley dealership)? Question 2: is there any harm in riding the bike around town before remapping ? Can it damage the engine?
TIA.

I don't think riding it will damage the engine at all. It may affest performance and furel econmomy; but it won 't hurt the engine. the EFI CPU is pretty adaptable. Any dealer other than an Trtiumph dealer will not have acess to Triumph maps. Are you sure you need to remap? If you need to remap, an off road map should work.

I don't think riding it will damage the engine at all. It may affest performance and furel econmomy; but it won 't hurt the engine. the EFI CPU is pretty adaptable. Any dealer other than an Trtiumph dealer will not have acess to Triumph maps. Are you sure you need to remap? If you need to remap, an off road map should work.
I am getting a lot of deceleration popping, which I don’t mind much (it’s loud and fun!!) other than that the bike is running fine, no issues. I will get the remap done just for peace of mind. Will wait for my appointment. Thanks for the answer.

I am getting a lot of deceleration popping, which I don’t mind much (it’s loud and fun!!) other than that the bike is running fine, no issues. I will get the remap done just for peace of mind. Will wait for my appointment. Thanks for the answer.
I get popping on deceleration, too. I like it; it reminds me of back in the day. If the bike is running fine with no issues; I would not remap. If it ain't broke... Keep in mind, the ECU is very adaptable.

Premium

Support TriumphTalk by becoming a Premium Member.

What You Get

Donate

Search

Back
Top Bottom