Staff
Local time
Today, 02:41
First Name
Carl
My Ride
2020 Bonneville T120 Black
Riding Since
The State of California requires fuel evaporation loss charcoal canisters. The idea is to trap fuel vapors and direct them to the carb bodies or airboxes to be burned. The 03, T100 I purchased for Mae Lyne was a California bike and had that mess. I promptly removed it and saved about four pounds of weight.

All new US Triumphs have this canister including my Tiger 800 XC. The canister is in the way of installing a third party centerstand and some third party sump guards. European bikes do not have the canister and, to the best of my knowledge, neither do Canadian bikes. The maps are identical for those bikes with the canister and those bikes without the canister.

The canisters can be removed on any model without adverse effects on the ECU and without throwing an error code. This is verified by a Triumph technician. One has to make sure there is no vacuum leak. I will be removing mine. Unfortunately, I do not have a shop manual showing me the layout; so I will have to trace it out.

I will post how I did it and include photos.

Try and take some photos as you go as that would be a huge help for anyone else doing it

Oh yeah, some of us may be real interested in a year or so and detailed photos would help those (me) that are visual learners.

---
- Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Premium

Support TriumphTalk by becoming a Premium Member.

What You Get

Donate

Search

Back
Top Bottom