Replacing The Vacuum Petcock With A Gravity Fed One?

trophy2093

Local time
Tomorrow, 00:25
First Name
Gary
My Ride
1998 Triumph Trophy 1200
Hey everyone

My '98 Trophy 1200 experiences the dreaded '1/4 full' syndrome

I have checked the tank and cap vent holes, the vac line is not kinked and the fuel lines are OK.

Has anyone replaced the vacuum petcock with a gravity one ( Pingel,etc. ) ? If yes, has it made any difference? Has it stopped the 1/4 tank syndrome?

Looking forward to your thoughts and advice

Cheers
Gary

Hi there i had the same issue with my 1200 trophy a standard fuel tap wont work as it dosnt provide enough fuel on hard acceleration as the petcock pumps the fuel , try running it on pre as this is free flow setting for priming the carbs other wise you can get a seal and diaphragm kit for the petcock which solves the issue .

Hi there i had the same issue with my 1200 trophy a standard fuel tap wont work as it dosnt provide enough fuel on hard acceleration as the petcock pumps the fuel , try running it on pre as this is free flow setting for priming the carbs other wise you can get a seal and diaphragm kit for the petcock which solves the issue .

cheers shane I will give the 'pri' setting a go and see if that helps

Hello gents. The petcock on my Trophy was so seized up, it was a waste of time to fool with it. If yours is rebuildable, then thats the route i would take. I ended up putting a simple 3/8 ball valve in place of the petcock, and its working just fine.

Do you suppose my CX 650 E Honda has a pre setting. I have been disconnecting the carb hose and priming it with the mustard squeeze bottle . You can fill the float bowls to the top and it fires up instantly but it’s a bit of a pain .

I have had some Hondas with those type of cut off valves and replaced every one of them with a standard working petcock with good results.

Premium

Support TriumphTalk by becoming a Premium Member.

What You Get

Donate

Search

Back
Top Bottom