Bobaloo

Local time
Today, 03:16
First Name
Robert
My Ride
2022 T120 Bonneville Gold Line
Riding Since
Why doesn’t Triumph leave the Bonneville cylinder head silver (unpainted aluminum) instead of flat black so it’d look more like the original engines?
Has anyone tried reverting theirs to silver color?

Personally I love the matt black engines with th highlights of the aluminium or chrome screws.
But you're right, it would be closer to original in silver color.

Good idea , when I get the valves adjusted maybe I’ll give the paint remover a try

I definately LOVE the meridan engines. Best looking motorcycle engine ever made IMO. But that said i'm not sure how they would look in the current bikes. Not saying they wouldn't look good but u never know. They can never look the same due to water cooling tho. But yeah, thats THE triumph look alright.

I definately LOVE the meridan engines. Best looking motorcycle engine ever made IMO. But that said i'm not sure how they would look in the current bikes. Not saying they wouldn't look good but u never know. They can never look the same due to water cooling tho. But yeah, thats THE triumph look alright.
70C7E8CF-23C0-4AA4-B335-97C561766D3C.jpeg
Can’t beat the looks, it simply oozes what a motorcycle should look like

Why doesn’t Triumph leave the Bonneville cylinder head silver (unpainted aluminum) instead of flat black so it’d look more like the original engines?
Has anyone tried reverting theirs to silver color?
Yes thought the same....I have a 2020 T100....I want it looking old school as pos....lucky I got mine before the 2022 model came out....what are Triumph thinking....everything black inc the wheel rims.
That would stop me buying a T100.

I had my valve cover off a few weeks ago checking the valve gaps.....I had the same thought.....wonder how they would look if I took the paint off....

I get the feeling they are trying to push new buyer toward the T120.

May be being pushed by manufacturers. It is a current trend to black everything out. Probably cheaper to produce & tend to take away the identity/image of the bikes. Harley has been doing that for years & now going back to chrome & colour that most customers want. A few like the all blacked out look. The Meridan triumphs were so stylish & everyone seems to like their look. IK sure do

May be being pushed by manufacturers. It is a current trend to black everything out. Probably cheaper to produce & tend to take away the identity/image of the bikes. Harley has been doing that for years & now going back to chrome & colour that most customers want. A few like the all blacked out look. The Meridan triumphs were so stylish & everyone seems to like their look. IK sure do
I agree with you. I don't care for all the black on the engines of today. I prefer a bit of glitz like my own modern Bonneville and Tiger 500.

IMG_0060 (2017_03_14 14_37_51 UTC).JPG

T100 after (2017_03_14 14_37_51 UTC).jpg

Now they both look really nice & would turn heads, especially motorcycle enthusiasts. Two machines to be proud of.

Premium

Support TriumphTalk by becoming a Premium Member.

What You Get

Donate

Search

Back
Top Bottom