Snakesfield

Ex-Member
Local time
Yesterday, 17:05
First Name
Rick
My Ride
2018 Triumph Bobber
Is there any riding groups in California's Modesto area? I need to meet some folks to go riding with. I get kind of bored riding by myself all the time. I'm just looking to go riding with some good folks for the day and get out of the house. I just need to take a break, from taking care of my 87 year old mom.

I surely hope you can find some good riding buddies. I can't help since I'm on the opposite coast.

I would start with the internet and Goggle for clubs in your area, then I would check with local bike dealers.
Many of the dealer staff are probably riders and would have knowledge about the local scene and have information about bike clubs, bike nights and similar gatherings where you could get info.

I haven't heard from anybody wanting to do a Triumph riding group in the California Central Valley. They all want to do their HD thing, which is cool. So I'll just forget about that idea and continue to ride with a friend or two, or I'll just continue to ride by myself. Which is a good thing. That way, I don't have to go anywhere, that I really don't want to go too. By riding by myself.

You will not likely find a club exclusive to Triumph, but there may be one/some.
I belong to a 162 member vintage bike club, and I love riding with the guys and gals, but I also love riding alone.
Thankfully, they don't all show up at once BGRIN
Last Saturday we had 26 out for a scheduled ride that I posted here the other day in the rides section.
When I ride alone I can go where I want, stop when I want, take pictures when I want, eat when I want - or not.
I sometimes ride with 2-3 friends which is fun too.

I enjoy riding solo and over half of my riding is sole. I frequently ride with four friends and we all all joined MSTA, Motorcycle Sport Touring Association. We do the MSTA breakfast and lunch runs together. Two of us have Triumphs, one has an HD soft tail and a Buell, one has an HD Fat Boy, and one has a Ducati Multistrada and a Goldwing. We ride to view the rocket launches together. The MSTA is an eclectic mix of people and motorcycles.

Same with our club, people from all walks of life and many brands of bikes.

I am down in the lower part of the state. Have a very small group I ride with. A mixture of bikes. My Triumphs, my old friend has a Kawasaki 900. Another friend has converted to a Triumph 1200 just recently. A Yamaha V-Max was in the mix for a while (now sold). Point is we are all friends first, riding buddies second. We all have other things in common. We met through mutual activities outside of motorcycling. ...J.D.

Premium

Support TriumphTalk by becoming a Premium Member.

What You Get

Donate

Search

Back
Top Bottom