Today, 05:24
First Name
Dave
My Ride
Speedmaster
Riding Since
Published in: Gear

Rox Barback Risers Review intro

When I was asked to review the Rox Barback Risers, I thought about passing because I thought I was happy with the height of my bars. I’m certainly glad I reconsidered! At 6 feet, 2 inches, with a 33-inch inseam, I’m certainly not the tallest nor the shortest to ever ride a motorcycle, but the added height and setback the risers gave me was an absolute perfect match for my 2021 Yamaha Ténéré 700.

Immediately after opening the package I noticed how well-built the risers felt. They’re substantial, solid and have smooth, unblemished black anodization that oozes quality. The supplied bolts are also top quality, which is important because cheap dime store hardware can, and likely will, shear at the most inopportune times.

Rox Barback Risers Review FB

Mounting the risers was straightforward with zero complications—the entire fitment took only about 10 minutes with basic tools that most shade-tree motorcycle mechanics have on hand. Additionally, Rox provides very clear instructions with their kit as well as a website instructional video. I was initially worried that my Ténéré 700 would not have enough surplus length in clutch, brake and throttle cables for the additional 1-1/2-inch height and 1-inch backward setback, but that turned out not to be an issue, as they mounted up with plenty of length to spare on both sides of the bars.

As I get a little older, with more miles on my personal chassis, it’s not as important for me to be in aggressive “attack” positions all the time, charging sand whoops like Chris Birch hopped up on double espresso. I tend to prefer and find a nice compromise between seated and standing positions that allow for all-day riding comfort—that increased “rider triangle” we hear so much about. That said, too much weight fore or aft of the front end of the machine can have adverse effects on motorcycle behavior. I’m happy to report that after thousands of miles under varying conditions, my T7 exhibited no adverse behavior. In fact, my comfort and confidence level are at an all-time high with the bike. The risers can also be rotated forward an inch to move the rider closer to the tank or accommodate those with long arms.

Rox has a number of clamps available, from fixed offset to pivoting risers of varying heights, to cater to almost any rider and their individual needs. Their comprehensive website also has a fitment chart so you can confirm exactly the riser set you’ll need. For under $120, this is money well spent if you’re finding your machine’s cockpit just a tad cramped or just need a change in your ergonomics. Rox Risers could be just what the chiropractor ordered.

Rox Barback Risers Review 1

RoxSpeedFX.com

MSRP: $117.95

PROS:

• More spacious rider triangle for increased all-day comfort
  • Extremely solid and well built
  • Lifetime warranty

CONS:

• Fixed height cannot be adjusted (on risers tested)
  • May have cable length issues with some machines, see fitment chart on website
EEwADQZbe3M

Continue reading...

Premium

Support TriumphTalk by becoming a Premium Member.

What You Get

Donate

Search

Back
Top Bottom