Local time
Today, 17:55
Jan 5, 2006
Orlando, Florida
First Name
Carl
My Ride
12 Tiger 800 XC
I rode to Jacksonville this morning to pick up my brand new Sargent seat for my Tiger 800XC. I installed the seat at the Sargent shop and tried it for the 164 mile trip back home.

The Sargent seat is a little wider than the stock seat especially the saddle portion. This gives better support for a long trip. I did not try it off road yet; so I don’t know how it will do there. It is more firm than the stock seat but it is comfortable. I would say in firmness it is somewhere between the (new) Bonneville seat and the Tiger 800 stock seat.

The material appears to be stronger/more durable than that of the stock seat and the quality and workmanship are excellent. This has been my experience with Sargent seats in the past.

The pillion seat is much better than the stock pillion seat. It is nearly flat with only a slight slope forward. It rises in the front to keep the pillion from sliding forward into the ride. It is much better padded that the stock pillion seat is.

The ride was comfortable with no sign of monkey butt; but for a long day in the saddle, I will probably use a sheepskin.

There is much less of a tendency for the rider to slide forward with this seat as opposed to the stock seat and I can sit farther back. The Sargent seat has more of a saddle aspect to it vs. the more off road design of the stock seat. Doing a couple of hours on the stock seat, I have to remove my wallet from my back pocket or it creates a pressure point and gets uncomfortable. I did not remove my wallet on the 2.5 hour trip home and it did not get uncomfortable for me. The Sargent seat made it more comfortable use my highway pegs.

The Sargent seat has less of a “valley†than the stock seat. Since it did not rain, I don’t know how it does in a hard rain. But the stock seat funnels water right to the crotch area. I would expect the Sargent seat to funnel less water.

The extra width of the new seat makes a difference when I put my feet down at a stop. It is just a wee bit lower than the stock seat; but the extra width makes it feel taller. I have to slide forward just a little bit to comfortably flat foot the bike. I have the seat set on the low setting just as I did with my stock seat. I have a 32 inch inseam. I am sure that I will rapidly get used to the difference seat and won’t even notice the change after a short while. The difference it not a problem; it just is a different feel.

Based on my 2.5 hour ride, I like the seat and I can easily recommend it. I can tell you that your pillions will love it!

Rocky

Still Rocking
Riding for 26 Years
Administrator
Staff
Local time
Today, 18:55
Jan 28, 2006
Halifax
First Name
Rocky
My Ride
2006 T100 Bonneville
Wow, it certainly looks great!!!!!

The Seeker

Thunderbird
Local time
Mar 5, 2006
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, USA
First Name
AJ Turner
My Ride
1996 Triumph Trophy 1200
Lol.....you said your pillions will love it!

:):):):)

Posted with TapaTalk

shanered6

50 is just a number !
Riding for 42 Years
Staff
Local time
Today, 22:55
Apr 5, 2011
Turriff, Aberdeenshire
First Name
shane llywarch
My Ride
2005 sprint st 1050
there really nice looking seats and a great review s well ! ive always liked the look of those sargent seats they really tidy a bike up TUP

hemibee

Texas Tiger
Riding for 49 Years
Staff
Local time
Today, 16:55
Sep 28, 2010
Panorama Village, Texas
First Name
Tony
My Ride
2013 Tiger 800XC
That seat looks good on the 800XC. TUP I think you will really enjoy the new saddle.

Doing a couple of hours on the stock seat, I have to remove my wallet from my back pocket or it creates a pressure point and gets uncomfortable. I did not remove my wallet on the 2.5 hour trip home and it did not get uncomfortable for me. The Sargent seat made it more comfortable use my highway pegs.
Could that be because your wallet is now a little lighter and thinner after the purchase? :y2:

CarlS

Big Kahuna
Riding for 60 Years
Local time
Jan 5, 2006
Orlando, Florida
First Name
Carl
My Ride
12 Tiger 800 XC
BGRIN That is a strong possibility! :y2:

Local time
Today, 14:55
Sep 18, 2013
San Clemente
First Name
Chris M
My Ride
2013 Triumph 1200 Explorer XC
Looks great. I'll have to consider it. Price?
You stated for a really long ride you'd add a sheep skin, why?
What are its benefits?
And how would you attach it?

CarlS

Big Kahuna
Riding for 60 Years
Local time
Jan 5, 2006
Orlando, Florida
First Name
Carl
My Ride
12 Tiger 800 XC
I have really forgotten how much it cost; but I think it was around $570.00. I got this seat, WS-617-18, and specified the blue welt. Here is the link to their website:

http://www.sargentcycle.com/Seats-Accessories/Adventure-Touring-Triumph-Tiger-800/

The sheepskin prevents "monkey" butt. They are warmer in the winter and cooler in the summer. I have one on my Bonnie. It is custom made for the Bonnie seat. I bought it from a forum member here. His wife makes them and they live in Australia. I will buy just a skin that straps onto the seat for the Tiger. I will only need it for a long trip. Three or four hours in the Sargent seat are easy. Here is a link to the website from which I bought the seat cover for my two Bonnies (I only have one now).

http://cruisncomfort.com/

Local time
Aug 2, 2016
Michigan
My Ride
2013 Triumph Tiger 800
So I know this is a bit older tread but it still ranks in Google well, so I thought I'd throw in my two cents. After hours and hours of research, I ordered a Sargent Cycle seat and took my 30 day trial very seriously. I rode multiple 1.5+ hour sessions logging almost 500+ miles total. My conclusion is while it's a great seat, immediately more comfortable than the stock, it started to cut circulation off to my legs about 90 minutes into the ride. I did a video review of the seat and posted to YouTube since there wasn't one out there yet. I'll post a link below. I just can't justify keeping a $550 seat if I can't ride on it for more than 2 hours without pain.

Link to video:
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hFVGpurm_L4

Thanks for watching!

Attachments

triumph david

Riding for 58 Years
Staff
Local time
Nov 25, 2013
brookhaven
First Name
david
My Ride
1976 t140 Triumph, 2006 Road King, 1982 Honda CB 900 C, 1973 Yamaha 360 Enduro, 1972 Corbin
Wait until you get older, riding for 1 hour will deal you enough pain to have to stop for awhile. Enjoy your youth, times flies by quick!

Captain Canuck

Riding for 47 Years
Local time
Today, 18:55
May 24, 2018
Nova Scotia
My Ride
Tiger 800
Wait until you get older, riding for 1 hour will deal you enough pain to have to stop for awhile. Enjoy your youth, times flies by quick!
I hear ya brother! I live in the country...lots of things to stop for ;-)

keystiger

The Joker
Riding for 39 Years
Staff
Local time
Mar 24, 2009
The SWAMP
First Name
Adrian
My Ride
2005 Triumph Tiger, British Racing Green--the fastest color
So I know this is a bit older tread but it still ranks in Google well, so I thought I'd throw in my two cents. After hours and hours of research, I ordered a Sargent Cycle seat and took my 30 day trial very seriously. I rode multiple 1.5+ hour sessions logging almost 500+ miles total. My conclusion is while it's a great seat, immediately more comfortable than the stock, it started to cut circulation off to my legs about 90 minutes into the ride. I did a video review of the seat and posted to YouTube since there wasn't one out there yet. I'll post a link below. I just can't justify keeping a $550 seat if I can't ride on it for more than 2 hours without pain.

Link to video:
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hFVGpurm_L4

Thanks for watching!
Thanks for posting this update and reviving the info for those who might be looking to upgrade their Tiger