Today, 05:48
First Name
Dave
My Ride
Speedmaster
Riding Since
Published in: Gear

Scorpion Serket Exhaust T7 intro

Last summer, after tackling the beautiful Trans Wisconsin Adventure Trail, I determined the OEM exhaust of my Yamaha Ténéré 700 was beginning to sound a bit… unvaried. Or, maybe just plain boring. It was time for an upgrade. After doing some research for a replacement that would give the bike a small performance boost without requiring a tricky installation or tune-up, Scorpion’s option seemed to nail what I needed. It fits the sleek T7 aesthetic and would give it that “growl” I prefer.

Originally, I waffled between two options: the Scorpion Serket Parallel and the Akrapovic slip-on exhausts. Both add approximately 2.5 HP, with a slight improvement of 1 mph at top speed along with a minor torque gain. There was also the price consideration in favor of Scorpion which started at $557 compared to Akrapovic’s $810. The Akrapovic shaves 3.5 lb. but comes in only one finish, titanium, whereas Scorpion has three options: black ceramic, titanium, and stainless steel with 4.2 lb. reduction, significant when it comes time to pick the T7 up on those solo rides.

In the end, it was an easy decision to go with the Scorpion Serket Parallel in ceramic black. It complements all three T7 color schemes beautifully and has a modern geometric shape that matches the curvature of the plastics, fitting the Dakar style of the Ténéré 700. And, it has small color pops of red that make it stand out in a crowd or noticeable when it’s covered in mud.

Scorpion Serket Exhaust 1

Instructions were straightforward and easy to follow. Installation only required a few tools. I didn’t have to remove the pannier racks or footpegs, and the stock exhaust came off easily. Two OEM parts were reused: the gasket and heat shield. Although I didn’t run into problems, it would be easy to damage the gasket during removal so it may be wise to order an extra ahead of time.

After a 15-minute install, I took the Ténéré for a ride. The sound was pleasant on the interstate. Blipping the throttle produced a growl throaty enough to impress without getting me in trouble. And although the performance gains were small, it was worth not having to tune the bike. All in all, I’m very happy with this product. See you on the trail!

MotoMachines.com

MSRP:
~$557.37

PROS:

• Looks/sounds amazing
  • Fits color scheme
  • Saves 4.2 lb., gains 2.4 HP
  • Easy installation
  • No tuning required

CONS:

• Could sit up higher
  • Could mount further from the swingarm

Continue reading...

My riding buddy just bought one of these T7s. He may like this option.

Premium

Support TriumphTalk by becoming a Premium Member.

What You Get

Donate

Search

Back
Top Bottom