Scrambler 1200 Centre Stand

Mike R

Local time
Today, 05:29
First Name
Mike
My Ride
1200 Scrambler XE
I don't fancy using a paddock stand etc to do chain maintenance etc on my 1200XE. I would prefer a centre stand which are not available (I think) for this model

But Triumph do produce a centre stand for the XC. Does anyone know if it would bolt straight onto the XE? The XE frame appears to have all the same mounting hardware as the XC.

Yes I know the suspension is longer on the XE compared to the XC and on flat ground the XC stand would probably not lift the wheels off the ground. But if the stand was used on a piece of wood etc to compensate for the lengthier suspension, then the wheels would be off the ground and chain maintenance would be a lot easier.

So, has anyone tried to fit an XC centre stand to an XE Scrambler 1200?

Cheers

Mike

I would like to know if this would work. The lack of a center stand for the 1200XE has come up before.

I put one on my XC the week that I purchased it. It was an easy mod to do. What has not been so easy is pulling it up onto the stand. I need to get that little skillset perfected.

I’d wait until someone makes a specific one for the XE rather than putting something under the bike as this would be ok at home but no good when away from home, I am using a snap jack for oiling the chain which is a great piece of kit which is very stable or my Abba sky lift, ABBA are now doing a fitting kit for the scrambler 1200 .

Attachments

• 0CC3EDC4-F73D-40B1-A62A-68F56719A01C.jpeg
    0CC3EDC4-F73D-40B1-A62A-68F56719A01C.jpeg
    238.7 KB · Views: 32
  • 0EC38294-323D-4F30-899A-2F23B67D3A4D.jpeg
    0EC38294-323D-4F30-899A-2F23B67D3A4D.jpeg
    341.3 KB · Views: 35
I know that Hepco and Becker were developing a centre stand but it then went dead. I think that there might have been concern about the extra length required fouling something like the chain.

When I first bought the bike I was all set to buy an Abba Sky Lift but when I spoke to them at the NEC Bike Show they didn't have a fixing kit. Now that they have it could be the way to go. How easy in real life is it to use?

Mike

I know that Hepco and Becker were developing a centre stand but it then went dead. I think that there might have been concern about the extra length required fouling something like the chain.

When I first bought the bike I was all set to buy an Abba Sky Lift but when I spoke to them at the NEC Bike Show they didn't have a fixing kit. Now that they have it could be the way to go. How easy in real life is it to use?

Mike
It’s like most things once you’ve used it a few times it’s easy, I use mine outside which means carrying or pushing it into the back garden but if you’ve space in your garage to just move it into position then it’s very easy, It’s really good for cleaning the bike especially the wheels,I was also surprised at the muck I’d missed cleaning the bike on the floor, maintenance wise I’ve used it to re grease the steering head bearings & the rear suspension link on my Street RS which is much easier than on your knees. Abba told me they didn’t have a fitting kit but sent me a 19 mm fitting tool to go with the 24 mm one off my street triple and it works fine, I’ve only just sorted the fitting kit with them so it may not be advertised yet but if you ring them explaining you’ve spoke to me you should be ok.

ABBA told me they don’t have a fitting kit for the centre stand thing Ive got they said there was something clashing maybe the footpeg I can’t remember but they said it wasn’t available in the scrambler

It’s like most things once you’ve used it a few times it’s easy, I use mine outside which means carrying or pushing it into the back garden but if you’ve space in your garage to just move it into position then it’s very easy, It’s really good for cleaning the bike especially the wheels,I was also surprised at the muck I’d missed cleaning the bike on the floor, maintenance wise I’ve used it to re grease the steering head bearings & the rear suspension link on my Street RS which is much easier than on your knees. Abba told me they didn’t have a fitting kit but sent me a 19 mm fitting tool to go with the 24 mm one off my street triple and it works fine, I’ve only just sorted the fitting kit with them so it may not be advertised yet but if you ring them explaining you’ve spoke to me you should be ok.

Could you post a photo of the adapters you have please

I’ve got various Ducati and jap bike adapters I could maybe alter or just order the ones you found hi hows work

thanks

Could you post a photo of the adapters you have please

I’ve got various Ducati and jap bike adapters I could maybe alter or just order the ones you found hi hows work

thanks
The one on the right fits the 24 mm nut on the gear change side of the bike, the one on the left fits 19 mm nut on the foot brake side.

Attachments

• 54C66A62-A5C0-4118-BA6E-218F2D561ECF.jpeg
    54C66A62-A5C0-4118-BA6E-218F2D561ECF.jpeg
    180 KB · Views: 2
  • 6F68D1F9-4C9A-49DB-B513-058540298ADE.jpeg
    6F68D1F9-4C9A-49DB-B513-058540298ADE.jpeg
    230.4 KB · Views: 2
Thanks I’ve got a 30mm from a Suzuki all my other adapters are male type

Ill give them a ring and order some thanks

Just tried the Suzuki kit and it works on the triumph it fits inside the hollow bolt rather than over the 19mm nut and the 30mm fits not bad on the other side so could use these temporary
BC5D8F30-77CF-44A2-969C-5DF910631ADC.jpeg

Ah right I’ll have to try my stand and see if it’s actually heigh enough to lift the bike mine is the only that just pivots one the ground

Ah right I’ll have to try my stand and see if it’s actually heigh enough to lift the bike mine is the only that just pivots one the ground

yours is the Abba sports bike lift, I’ve had one ,they use the same fitting kits, you may struggle with hight , if you measure to the centre of the fittings from the ground then measure to the centre of the swinging arm you’ll have an idea to whether it will lift the bike.

yours is the Abba sports bike lift, I’ve had one ,they use the same fitting kits, you may struggle with hight , if you measure to the centre of the fittings from the ground then measure to the centre of the swinging arm you’ll have an idea to whether it will lift the bike.

Taken from the Abba website today

SCRAMBLER SUPERBIKE STAND.PNG
Mike

Just found this on the internet

Looks like Hepco and Becker are producing one & is available in the UK

Mike

Centre Stand.PNGCentre Stand.PNG

Last edited:
Looks good mike are you getting one?.

Iv'e enquired about the centre stand.

They are currently out of stock but they expect them to be available in about 2 weeks

Mike

Premium

Support TriumphTalk by becoming a Premium Member.

What You Get

Donate

Search

Back
Top Bottom