Scrambler 1200 Centre Stand

Please keep us posted.

I'd be interested in this centre stand if it works with my Zard low exhaust. I guess I'll have to wait for a guinea pig.

TRIUMPH 1200XE SCRAMLBER WITH CENTRE STAND.jpeg
Well bit the bullet and bought a Hepco and Becker centre stand from Moto-Bins here in the UK for a total cost of £197.12. Took about 2 weeks to arrive because Moto=Bins do not keep it in stock and simply buy it in from Germany when ordered. Fitted last night, so here are my first thoughts-

PROSITIVE

1 Very well made

2 Does the job it is supposed to. The rear wheel is about 3 inches off the floor and (with a bit of effort) the front wheel can be turned for cleaning without lifting the font end up

3 Probably a fair price

NEGATIVE

1 The install instructions are next to useless. Unfortunately I'm not very good at 3D puzzles and it took an age to get the bracket that mounts on the bike frame onto the stand in the correct way

2 It's quite difficult to get the bike onto the stand.....a bit like a bike that is fitted with a C/S as standard but has a rear wheel puncture!.....made worse by lack of holding places on the rear of the bike. Still I found it a lot easier today than last night so I must be developing a technique. Still will only be using it fro cleaning and maintenance so no big issue

View attachment 47835
Well bit the bullet and bought a Hepco and Becker centre stand from Moto-Bins here in the UK for a total cost of £197.12. Took about 2 weeks to arrive because Moto=Bins do not keep it in stock and simply buy it in from Germany when ordered. Fitted last night, so here are my first thoughts-

PROSITIVE

1 Very well made

2 Does the job it is supposed to. The rear wheel is about 3 inches off the floor and (with a bit of effort) the front wheel can be turned for cleaning without lifting the font end up

3 Probably a fair price

NEGATIVE

1 The install instructions are next to useless. Unfortunately I'm not very good at 3D puzzles and it took an age to get the bracket that mounts on the bike frame onto the stand in the correct way

2 It's quite difficult to get the bike onto the stand.....a bit like a bike that is fitted with a C/S as standard but has a rear wheel puncture!.....made worse by lack of holding places on the rear of the bike. Still I found it a lot easier today than last night so I must be developing a technique. Still will only be using it fro cleaning and maintenance so no big issue
Sweet! Thanks for that post. The rear luggage rack is a great grab point for the centerstand lift on my XC. Maybe your next project?

Aftermarket stands can sometimes be hard to operate, but I think over time you'll develop your own style and it will become/seem easier.
In spite of that, as time passes, you'll be glad you have it.

Center stands are mostly technique. Like Rocky said, you will develop the technique to make it easier. However, easier does not equal easy. After nine years, I can put put my Tiger on the center stand; but it rquires physical effort.

Center stands are mostly technique. Like Rocky said, you will develop the technique to make it easier. However, easier does not equal easy. After nine years, I can put put my Tiger on the center stand; but it rquires physical effort.

I have had Goldwings of all sizes, Pan Europeans, Triumph Explorers and currently own a 1250GSA and a Yamaha Super Tenere so I am experienced with putting heavy bikes on the centre stand, and usually do not have a problem

I think that the centre stand on the XE pivots slightly further back and (unlike the other bikes) there is not an obvious place for your right hand (where you can grab the grab rail is too far back) making the bike awkward to put on the stand. I really need to find a point just forward of the rear suspension to ease the bike up.

Still experimenting but will find the correct technique for this bike eventually.

Mike

Don't rule out the possibility of adding a grab point, if necessary, even if it affects the overall appearance slightly.

Don't rule out the possibility of adding a grab point, if necessary, even if it affects the overall appearance slightly.

Good point.

Might look into that

Mike

Can always put front tire up on a small piece of wood. That way you have less distance to lift the bike to get the stand over center. Pull wood out when bike is up.

Premium

Support TriumphTalk by becoming a Premium Member.

What You Get

Donate

Search

Back
Top Bottom