Shaun64

Riding for 43 Years
Local time
Today, 21:53
First Name
Shaun
My Ride
Street triple RS
If Triumph are looking at trying to reduce the heat from the Scrambler exhaust it will be very interesting to see what they come up with and whether the present bikes will be recalled for an upgrade.

How about something like this wrapped around the cat?

Many thanks for your effortsView attachment 46506

Mike
Mike,I think if triumph do sort The heat problem out they’ll recall older bikes,in my experience triumph warranty & recalls are excellent in the uk.that heat shield could work well and it’s only £20 so we’ll worth ago.

RockyDS

Local time
Today, 14:53
My Ride
dualsport/adventure
My bike is also sat in the garage waiting for spring with virtually no miles on it, so this has been an interesting read. I'm glad the coolant idea was resolved as it would have been difficult for me to understand how that might have worked. lol.

If Triumph had offered a Zard style lower exhaust I might have gone that route. Some folk say that it would no longer be a Scrambler but I prefer function over form and as I won't be off-roading on mine the loss of clearance and vulnerability of the pies wouldn't be an issue for me. I have a CRF for gnarly rides.

If Triumph are working on a solution, I'd put money on it being an improved heat shield but time will tell.

Shaun64

Riding for 43 Years
Local time
First Name
Shaun
My Ride
Street triple RS
I had a look on the tec website to see what they had for the scrambler 1200 and to my surprise exhaust wrap at £4.99 was there, one of the reviews said they had wrapped there catalytic converter and it worked really well at reducing heat.

MTVP49

Riding for 53 Years
Local time
Today, 16:53
First Name
Michael
My Ride
1200 XC
I have to admit that a twenty dollar titanium wrap. Is my DIY first choice to fix it. If it doesn’t work or last very long. No worries...

Mike R

Riding for 49 Years
Local time
First Name
Mike
My Ride
1200 Scrambler XE
I had a look on the tec website to see what they had for the scrambler 1200 and to my surprise exhaust wrap at £4.99 was there, one of the reviews said they had wrapped there catalytic converter and it worked really well at reducing heat.
Sounds like a plan. Good spot

Mike

Premium

Support TriumphTalk by becoming a Premium Member.

What You Get

Donate

Top Bottom