jron42

Riding for 53 Years
Local time
Today, 12:58
First Name
John
My Ride
Scrambler 1200 XC
I am waiting for my 1200 to be delivered next week.. I will ride it for a while first, but before spring I will likely remove the cat and wrap everything under the heat shields. It gets really HOT here in the summer and stoplights can be truly miserable.. Probably just go Zard for both pieces.. header and silencer..

Mike R

Riding for 49 Years
Local time
Today, 17:58
First Name
Mike
My Ride
1200 Scrambler XE
I am waiting for my 1200 to be delivered next week.. I will ride it for a while first, but before spring I will likely remove the cat and wrap everything under the heat shields. It gets really HOT here in the summer and stoplights can be truly miserable.. Probably just go Zard for both pieces.. header and silencer..
I've considered wrapping the headers under the heat shields but are you just transferring the heat somewhere else, probably the silencers

Mike

rodhotter

Local time
Today, 12:58
First Name
bernard czech
My Ride
2012 triumph bonneville
i put the free spirits decat on my 19 street scram + its great!! minimal sound increase + a bit more performance. a 1200 will prolly be a bit warmer than my 900 but it will help a lot + is an EZE DIY as there are vids on the install. you want stainless steel as most are as it keeps more heat in the pipe. full systems can work as well but louder + costlier + if the very helpful multi layer OE heat shields are not used it will not be as effective. pipe wraps help but can shorten pipe life!!

Premium

Support TriumphTalk by becoming a Premium Member.

What You Get

Donate

Search

Top Bottom