Scrambler 1200 Owners - What should I know?

Rocky

Still Rocking
Riding for 27 Years
Administrator
Staff
Local time
Today, 16:04
First Name
Rocky
My Ride
2006 T100 Bonneville
Lovely TUP TUP

Mike R

Riding for 48 Years
Local time
Today, 20:04
First Name
Mike
My Ride
1200 Scrambler XE
I've had my XE since late June and have now covered about 1800 miles (3 bikes and a European Tour on the GSA)

Love the bike for the twisties (I live very close to the Yorkshire Dales in the UK

Comfortable for about 200m...any more I'd take the BMW. Great engine and feels VERY light compared to my other bikes

Only downside with the XE is the lack of centre stand but never a deal breaker. I just prefer the looks of the XE over the XC

Had one problem so far. The bike would not turn on using the key fob. This happened twice, both times the day after washing it and lasted a couple of days. I and the suspected water ingress but it appears that this was a red herring. The dealer suspected a faulty fob and, so far, no issues since they replaced it.

Mike

Attachments

RockyDS

Local time
Today, 13:04
My Ride
dualsport/adventure
I could do without the keyless system to be honest. It seems like technology just for the sake of it. I've had to rest the fob beside the headlamp to get the bike to recognize it but that may be due to the severe cold here at the moment. -22C this morning. :-(

scr1200xc

Riding for 32 Years
Local time
Today, 15:04
First Name
Bret
My Ride
Scrambler 1200 XC
I could do without the keyless system to be honest. It seems like technology just for the sake of it. I've had to rest the fob beside the headlamp to get the bike to recognize it but that may be due to the severe cold here at the moment. -22C this morning. :-(
That is odd. I thought the receiver was under the seat, not up in the TFT display area. Try replacing the battery. Mine constantly reported the FOB out of range until I replaced the battery with a new Duracell.

RockyDS

Local time
Today, 13:04
My Ride
dualsport/adventure
That is odd. I thought the receiver was under the seat, not up in the TFT display area. Try replacing the battery. Mine constantly reported the FOB out of range until I replaced the battery with a new Duracell.
There are two receivers - one under the seat and one in the headlight unit. Yes, I thought I'd try changing the battery.

Premium

Support TriumphTalk by becoming a Premium Member.

What You Get

Donate

Top Bottom