Scrambler 1200 Vance and Hines 2 into 1 full exhaust

ScrapperXC

Riding for 20 Years
Local time
Yesterday, 22:30
My Ride
Scrambler
Hello world,

Looking to upgrade my Scrambler 1200 right off the bat (from the dealer) with Vance and Hines 2:1 high exhaust w/headers, BUT unsure about part # and fitment.
I have seen online and on Youtube people fitting their 1200 Scramblers with such exhaust system, but its my understanding that exhaust was not specifically made for the 1200s.
If members can clarify details on this that would be great:

1. What is the correct part number for the full 2:1V&H exhaust?
2. If that exhaust system was not 1200 Scrambler specific then what model bike was it designed for? And what is that part #?
3. I have came across Triumph P/N "A9600620" . Is that what people keep referring to? "A9600620" is for Street Twin , but i have also seen people talk about that exhaust and Scrambler 900.
4. "A9600620" is for Street Twin (possibly Scrambler 900), providing that is the correct P/N , does it also fit a 1200 Scrambler or is there a different high Vance & Hines 2:1 exhaust out there?
5. If i read correctly, there are some heat issues and mounting bracket fitment issues with that particular system. Is there a proper bracket available from other retailers? Part number and/or links would be much appreciated.
6. Is ECU remap required with this exhaust install? What would you recommend for that.

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.
Thanks.

CarlS

Charter Member #3
Riding for 62 Years
Staff
Local time
Yesterday, 22:30
First Name
Carl
My Ride
12 Tiger 800 XC
Welcome aboard from Florida. and congrats on your Scrambler 1200. I can't answer your first five questions; but for your question 6, the ECU is very adaptive. You will most likely not need a remap. Just ride a few miles and the ECU should adapt.

Qship

Riding for 40 Years
Staff
Local time
Yesterday, 23:30
First Name
Steve
My Ride
'17 Tiger Explorer XRT
Welcome from the right side of Canada. ;)
Not sure about your query but maybe @RockyDS can chime in with an answer as he has one of the new Scramblers and has modified(changed the exhaust on his(not V&H) but may have some insight for you.

RockyDS

Local time
Yesterday, 20:30
My Ride
dualsport/adventure
Welcome from the right side of Canada. ;)
Not sure about your query but maybe @RockyDS can chime in with an answer as he has one of the new Scramblers and has modified(changed the exhaust on his(not V&H) but may have some insight for you.
Unfortunately I can't answer any of the questions. I have the Zard low exhaust.

Shaun64

Riding for 43 Years
Local time
Today, 03:30
First Name
Shaun
My Ride
Street triple RS
The Vance & Hines exhaust was made for the street scrambler 900 but it fits the 1200, from what I’ve been reading the exhaust doesn’t fit flush against the body of the 1200 correctly it stands away but fits flush on the 900, if you google slash cut exhaust for 1200 scrambler this is another option for you.

munga

Riding for 40 Years
Local time
Today, 12:30
First Name
Steven
My Ride
1200 XE
like most I cannot comment on this Vance and Hines system with much detail, I have an XE with the factory optioned ARROW and a de-cat from Verex, but I can say that a mate has this system on his T120 and if I am correct this system was originally made for the 900 Scrambler and yes I believe it will fit both the 900 and the 1200 head's, they must have the same port orientation and port bolt location. now I could be wrong and in the past I have been wrong as I will make mistakes in the future, I am human after all, but I do believe this to be true. There said.

Premium

Support TriumphTalk by becoming a Premium Member.

What You Get

Donate

Search

Top Bottom