Scrambler Exhaust Modification Ecu Remap

FCG

Local time
Today, 14:03
My Ride
2016 Scrambler
Hello Scrambler Forum!

I have a 2016 Scrambler and I am looking to change the exhaust. Does anyone have any experience with the Conic 2-1 Full System Exhaust by SC-Project? I dig the sound and the look of the pipes.

I'd like to install the pipes and remap the ECU myself. Because, you know. The exhaust dealer said they have no particular ECU map configuration for these pipes and they recommended the remap used for either the TORS or the Arrow 2-1 pipes. Any thoughts or experience? Since my skill set is currently limited to changing oil, I have a friend to help me understand what I don't know. Hence this post. I appreciate anything anyone could offer. Thank you!

Last edited:
I powered through the pipe install and ecu remap and I wanted to share the highlights in case it will help anyone out there.

Pipe install quirks included having to unclip both 02 sensor lines to avoid twisting the cable into oblivion (which I would have done if a friend wasn't watching me work) Brake side was no problem. Clutch side involved lifting the tank off to find the clip and re-zip-tying the cord under the tank. The bracket provided to secure the end of the pipes near the seat was tough to arrange and required some jockeying to get the pipe to fit straight without tilting upward.

After the pipes were on, I ran it for a minute before the remap and I could smell unburned gas. This confused me as I expected it to run more lean prior to the remap. I used hex map 20514 from Tuneecu. It's the tune for the Arrow 2-1 pipes that seemed to fit the speedo style and type of gasoline I use. After the remap it seems to run exceedingly smooth and I don't think I am imagining an increase in power. No gas odor after the remap. I am, of course, waiting for the bike to spontaneously explode due to leanness but that's my anxiety talkin. It hasn't blown up yet and I've put it through its paces. It does not seem to run hotter than it did pre-mods.

I had borrowed the serial cable to USB cord from my friend and there were some issues downloading a driver to my PC laptop. I powered through that too and would be happy to share any details of that saga if anyone needs to be further stunned by my sleepy writing style.

Lastly, I am very happy with the look and sound of the pipes. With the silencer in, they are just the right volume and are much throatier than those horrific stock pipes. No earplugs necessary, but you know you're on a motorbike. Finally. I will now attempt to post a picture of the pipes on the scrambler. I think they're gorgeous.

image1 (2).JPG

That really does look nice and it seems like you have given a nice account of what you found when installing them.

Reactions: FCG
hi, the cables are available on Ebay and there's a helpful video on youtube
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0hE2GnnqWWE

shows how to re-map, that's how i learned.
just make sure you hook a slave battery to your bike to stop the voltage dropping while re-mapping as this can mess things up, also if you're worried about running lean, remove the spark plugs and have a look at the colour as this is a good indication of fueling

So how is it now that you have done the re-mapping?

hi, the cables are available on Ebay and there's a helpful video on youtube
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0hE2GnnqWWE

shows how to re-map, that's how i learned.
just make sure you hook a slave battery to your bike to stop the voltage dropping while re-mapping as this can mess things up, also if you're worried about running lean, remove the spark plugs and have a look at the colour as this is a good indication of fueling

Brett, thank you for the tips and the video, I appreciate it!

So how is it now that you have done the re-mapping?
It runs like a dream. It's smooth through out the entire throttle range and the power increase is very noticeable. I haven't touched the stock air intake and I probably won't. I'm very happy with the way it's running.

Well it sure does sound like you have hit the mark in what you wanted out of it then.

It's always very satisfying when things turn out the way you want.

You guys are so right. The exhaust was the first modification I did and it was so satisfying to get my hands into the bike and have it turn out well, especially since I don't have a lot of skills. Thankfully I do have a few friends who helped. I'm officially addicted.

This was very informative. Thank yu for taking the time to write it up. I just did the same recently. I have some questions for you if I may......

Here is a pic of mine after I installed the TEC high Desert 2 into 1 exhaust.

Attachments

• _PAP9735.jpg
    _PAP9735.jpg
    421.3 KB · Views: 6
It runs like a dream. It's smooth through out the entire throttle range and the power increase is very noticeable. I haven't touched the stock air intake and I probably won't. I'm very happy with the way it's running.
Are you getting any popping at all?

I just put on my exhaust, plugged back in the cables (Was twisting them at first too). I have not remapped yet cuz I am looking for the map still. Happen to have it still on your computer by any chance?

Attachments

• _PAP9736.jpg
    _PAP9736.jpg
    474.8 KB · Views: 1
You guys are so right. The exhaust was the first modification I did and it was so satisfying to get my hands into the bike and have it turn out well, especially since I don't have a lot of skills. Thankfully I do have a few friends who helped. I'm officially addicted.

If you are ready to do more......I will help walk you through a few.

Attachments

• IMG_1704.JPG
    IMG_1704.JPG
    155.3 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_1706.JPG
    IMG_1706.JPG
    163.4 KB · Views: 2
FCG has not been active on here since Dec 2017.
I am glad you are willing to help out a fellow rider, though.
That's the kind of thinking that makes a forum and the biking community great.

FCG has not been active on here since Dec 2017.
I am glad you are willing to help out a fellow rider, though.
That's the kind of thinking that makes a forum and the biking community great.

Thank you for the update regarding his absence.
The point of a forum is to share and help with info from what I learned. Guess I will start a new thread.

Hello.
Im facing a similar problem here.
I replaced the original exhaust with an SC Project 2 to 1 pipe.
After the change the motorcycle seams to have lost all the torque.
Does remapping solve this issue?
Can someone give me an advice!
thanks!

Premium

Support TriumphTalk by becoming a Premium Member.

What You Get

Donate

Search

Back
Top Bottom