Scrambler Mods

Is the Hagon shock any different to the stock one?
Most definitely. The stock Triumph suspension is adequate; it is not exceptional.. Better suspension upgrades are out there.

When I changed the fork springs on my Bonneville to Progressive springs I also installed Ikon read shocks.
The ride and handling was improved a lot!

Most definitely. The stock Triumph suspension is adequate; it is not exceptional.. Better suspension upgrades are out there.
When I wrote different I meant does it alter the ride height?

No difference in ride height as long as you get the correct ones for your model.

I have had my '19 SS since March of this year. Sold a '15 Explorer ABS to fund this move.
Mods so far:
OEM center stand (glaring omission) robust, but heavy.
OEM two-passenger gel seat; I came for the looks, but stayed for the comfort. I recommend it.
OEM fly screen-done for looks seems to have little effect on flies.
Free Spirits cat-delete. mixed bag-much cooler on the leg (main reason for doing it) but the welds are ugly, it runs somewhat smoother, but changed the mellow rumble to a snotty brapp at full chat.
Dual horns mounted under engine. Had to hide them someplace...

Next mod: Suspension

Great bike-fun at (close to) the speed limit.

2017 Black Triumph Scrambler 900.

First thing I did was remove those tall Dumbo ear mirrors.

( I have them in my garage if anyone needs a pair)

Removed the gas cap and put on a black one.

(Have in garage if anyone needs)

Removed the rear fender and put on a small rear brake light kit with integrated brake light and directionals in it.

(Sold fender)

Put Tiny Moto lights in the rear tubes for the directionals so they could bring more attention to my rear when turning.

Changed rear springs to Thruxton black springs. 1 1/4 inch lower.

(have original springs in garage in case anyone wants them)

Changed out front springs to Progressive springs and lowered the forks 1 1/4 inch to match the back end.

Changed out the handlebars to something flatter.

(have the originals if anyone wants them)

Changed out the grips, and levers.

Added mirror screw in block offs.

Put in light up bar ends that are daytime running lights and directionals.

Put on a yellow film on the headlight and a rock guard cover over the headlight.

Moved the rectifier.

Put on a TEC 2 in 1 High Desert exhaust.
wow you did a lot .. how about some pictures

2016 Scrambler 900. Changed the exhaust to British Custom Shotguns... Love the sound.
Added Dartfly's Screen....Helps a little with deflecting the wind at freeway speeds.
Interested in a fiberglass Wrap for the pipes..... Can anyone guide me to where I can get them and have them installed. I am in ChicagoLand area. TIA

Attachments

• IMG_3899.jpg
    IMG_3899.jpg
    32.6 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_4140.jpg
    IMG_4140.jpg
    33.1 KB · Views: 7
2016 Scrambler 900. Changed the exhaust to British Custom Shotguns... Love the sound.
Added Dartfly's Screen....Helps a little with deflecting the wind at freeway speeds.
Interested in a fiberglass Wrap for the pipes..... Can anyone guide me to where I can get them and have them installed. I am in ChicagoLand area. TIA
They look the business mate.................an addition to my bike soon as I can find someone making them near me in the UK

Premium

Support TriumphTalk by becoming a Premium Member.

What You Get

Donate

Search

Back
Top Bottom