Stewart
My Ride
Tiger 800 XRt
Scrambler 1200XE McQueen Edition
Bonneville 865
Speed Ttiple 1200RR Bond Edition
Riding Since
Hi

I have got a McQueen Scrambler XE and bought it based on it being a special edition, whereas the XC would have suited my height better. I have put the Tec Bikes lowering springs on it and pushed the forks through the yolk which makes it rideable but the problem i have now is because the side stand is so long due to its original height, it now stands quite upright so i have to be careful where and how i park it.
Any suggestions (besides platform shoes) i.e.will an XC side stand (or any other ) fit as a straight swap?

Hi

I have got a McQueen Scrambler XE and bought it based on it being a special edition, whereas the XC would have suited my height better. I have put the Tec Bikes lowering springs on it and pushed the forks through the yolk which makes it rideable but the problem i have now is because the side stand is so long due to its original height, it now stands quite upright so i have to be careful where and how i park it.
Any suggestions (besides platform shoes) i.e.will an XC side stand (or any other ) fit as a straight swap?

It's my understanding that the XC and XE frames are identical, so I'd be surprised if the XC side stand didn't fit. I wonder if it would be the right length for your bike though.

Cut and weld.

Cut and weld is probably a bit drastic considering is has just done 600 miles …

I will try to get the specs for the XC stand to check length and work out the lean angle … cheers !

Premium

Support TriumphTalk by becoming a Premium Member.

What You Get

Donate

Search

Back
Top Bottom