Trincinf

Riding for 1 Year
Local time
Today, 03:52
First Name
Nicholas Trincia
My Ride
2017 T100
After about 45 minutes of riding, my butt really starts to hurt. No matter how many different positions I sit in, I can't find a comfortable one. In fact, after riding Saturday morning, I was still feeling the "pain in my a$$" that evening! Popped some Advil Sunday morning before riding, and still had issues. I sat on my friends BMW which had a wider seat and that felt much better than my stock seat.

I found that Mustang Seats have a really cool seat for the T100, but that seat does not fit the latest generation. I would consider buying a seat from Triumph (some serious $$$), but am skeptical about the comfort of those seats as well. I am not sure if it is something I could return if I was not happy with the comfort, and after spending $400 I dont want to be stuck with another PIA (pain in the ummm, never mind!)

I did find another brand, but I dont think these were made for comfort.

Has anyone had a similar experience with discomfort with the stock seat? Has anyone replaced their stock seat, and if so, di

DaveM

Rock & Roll
Riding for 46 Years
Administrator
Local time
Today, 09:52
First Name
Dave
My Ride
Speedmaster
When they brought out the first Bonivile range way back and I was looking and just sitting on it on the showroom floor was enough. It seems Triumph falls down big time in the seat department. I find this rather strange seeing how important a seat is when riding.

Rocky

Still Rocking
Riding for 28 Years
Administrator
Staff
Local time
Today, 04:52
First Name
Rocky
My Ride
2006 T100 Bonneville
Very few bikes come from the factory with a comfortable seat.
I bought the King & Queen seat for my T100. It's a big improvement, but I don't use it that much.
To my eye it upsets the profile of the bike. Pride is painful I guess BGRIN

redken

Riding for 45 Years
Local time
Today, 08:52
First Name
Nick
My Ride
Triumph tiger 800 xrt
I more than often put a pair of padded cycling shorts under my trousers... sorry pants.
Helps my ass from getting shredded.

Rocky

Still Rocking
Riding for 28 Years
Administrator
Staff
Local time
First Name
Rocky
My Ride
2006 T100 Bonneville
I more than often put a pair of padded cycling shorts under my trousers... sorry pants.
I have a pair of similar shorts and often wear them under my trousers.

Rolandrat

Riding for 45 Years
Local time
Today, 09:52
First Name
Martin
My Ride
Bonneville +rocket
on another forum a guy paid 200 sterling for a triumph gel seat only to send it for a remake costing another 200 when his wife wasnt comfortable on the back,seems its only gel for the rider.
better to have your own seat modified i would say.

CarlS

Charter Member #3
Riding for 62 Years
Staff
Local time
First Name
Carl
My Ride
12 Tiger 800 XC
I share your pain. On the T100 seats, I found that a custom sheepskin cover worked best - winter and summer. And I put 70,000 miles on that cover. On my Tiger 800XC, a Sargent seat solved my comfort problems. As DaveM said, Triumph apparently does not know how to produce a comfortable seat.

Qship

Riding for 40 Years
Staff
Local time
First Name
Steve
My Ride
'17 Tiger Explorer XRT
Not sure if you are aware but the T100 is a T120 frame with the Street Twin 900cc engine and a few less goodies than the T120.
That may help you look for accessories, such as aftermarket seats.

dearborn

Local time
First Name
Doug
My Ride
1996 Thunderbird, 1975(ish) Norton Commando
Seat on my '96 Thunderbird is horrible. Have a Corbin that came with bike- better, but puts me too far back with "Superbike bend" handlebars, won't fit with grab rail and is just too fugly. Have "AirHawk" inflatable pad- works OK if you can get past that "floaty" feeling, but kinda ugly, too. Had H-D Police Road King with sheepskin cover on FLH Ultra seat- was great! Comfy in hot or cold, but beware of wet weather or morning dew!

TPuckett

Riding for 37 Years
Local time
First Name
Tommy
My Ride
2016 Triumph Bonneville T100
After about 45 minutes of riding, my butt really starts to hurt. No matter how many different positions I sit in, I can't find a comfortable one. In fact, after riding Saturday morning, I was still feeling the "pain in my a$$" that evening! Popped some Advil Sunday morning before riding, and still had issues. I sat on my friends BMW which had a wider seat and that felt much better than my stock seat.

I found that Mustang Seats have a really cool seat for the T100, but that seat does not fit the latest generation. I would consider buying a seat from Triumph (some serious $$$), but am skeptical about the comfort of those seats as well. I am not sure if it is something I could return if I was not happy with the comfort, and after spending $400 I dont want to be stuck with another PIA (pain in the ummm, never mind!)

I did find another brand, but I dont think these were made for comfort.

Has anyone had a similar experience with discomfort with the stock seat? Has anyone replaced their stock seat, and if so, di

This Mustang seat fits my 2016 T100

sikatri

Local time
Today, 02:52
My Ride
2005 Triumph Thruxton 900
I’ve cycled some and have a some padded cycling shorts, this is an excellent idea. I might give it a try even though I have not had huge problems yet. They make behind look nice too, LoL.

brooke

Riding for 50 Years
Local time
First Name
Brooke
My Ride
16 thruxton r. 2011 tiger 800
That’s important

Rocky

Still Rocking
Riding for 28 Years
Administrator
Staff
Local time
First Name
Rocky
My Ride
2006 T100 Bonneville
Speaking of cycling shorts, I have a pair of Moto-Skiveez that work quite well.
The only drawback is that they don't have a fly so taking a pee means a bit of undressing.

I can usually go for nearly an hour before I start to squirm. With these shorts I can easily go for 90 minutes or more.
By then it's time to get off and have a rest anyway.

rear-sportsbike-2.jpg

Premium

Support TriumphTalk by becoming a Premium Member.

What You Get

Donate

Search

Top Bottom