Seat Height & Common Issues?

Akdog

Riding for 2 Years
Local time
Yesterday, 18:46
My Ride
2018 800 XCa
Hello fellow Tiger 800 people. As I posted in the intro forum I am looking at picking up a 2018 Tiger 800 XCa. I can almost flat foot but would like to lower height so I could. Does this year have the adjustment on the bottom of rear shock to allow for lowering it an inch? If not is it common to change the linkage (dog bone)? Do you feel they may be prone to certain issues? Electrical; no-start, seat or signal for example? I ride 70% road 30% gravel road. No dirt, just don't have the strength for it, too old. Really like the bike but flat footing it is a must. Hope you can help with your suggestions and I hope to see you on the road

Greyfell

Proud Nerd
Riding for 4 Years
Local time
Yesterday, 17:46
First Name
Stephen
My Ride
2008 Triumph Bonneville T100 Ann-Margret
The seat height of the Tiger might have some adjustment built in. You can download and read the manual from this link: Tiger 800

Qship

Riding for 41 Years
Staff
Local time
Yesterday, 21:46
First Name
Steve
My Ride
'17 Tiger Explorer XRT
Also they came a "low" model in those years, so you may be able to find the "low" seat which may give you the lowering you want. If that's not enough then yes you can buy lowering links(dog bones).
As far as reliability concerns, I don't think the older Tigers had any issues really. Seem to be a very reliable bike from all I have seen and heard.
I'm sure one of our 800 Tiger riders will chime in to let you know if there is anything for you to look out for.

Akdog

Riding for 2 Years
Local time
Yesterday, 18:46
My Ride
2018 800 XCa
Great to hear your thoughts and to have a group to bounce thoughts off of. Thank you

Premium

Support TriumphTalk by becoming a Premium Member.

What You Get

Donate

Search

Top Bottom