Riding for 2 Years
Local time
Today, 16:46
First Name
Alistaur
My Ride
T100
Hey all,

I've had my T100 for a couple of years now. I've mostly been using for commuting but going to start doing some more long journies on it so thought I'd try and use the underseat USB port to connect up a phone charging cable under the tank and routed to the handlebars. I already have the 12V port near the front of the bike but that's a bit of a hassle, cables stick out and I need to remove it every time I finish riding. Unfortunately when I plug in the USB under the seat it doesn't charge my phone. Anyone know why that might happen? Is it something I can fix myself without going into a dealership?

Thanks!

Greyfell

Proud Nerd
Riding for 3 Years
Local time
Today, 08:46
First Name
Stephen
My Ride
2008 Triumph Bonneville T100 Ann-Margret
If you have a multimeter, check if you have voltage on the 2 outside contacts of the USB ports. Compare the polarity (+ or -) of that voltage with the front USB port (remember to use the same lead orientation for both tests). If you have voltage and it is the same polarity, it might not be enough amperage to charge your phone. If you have voltage and the polarity is different, your wiring got reversed, probably at the battery. If you have no voltage, the wiring is broken somewhere or the inline fuse is blown.

Premium

Support TriumphTalk by becoming a Premium Member.

What You Get

Donate

Search

Top Bottom