Staff
Local time
Today, 00:38
First Name
Carl
My Ride
2020 Bonneville T120 Black
Riding Since
The message from Triumph lists all Tiger 800's withing the VIN range: 46334 to 514871 - that is a lot of bikes; but given the way Triumph allocates VIN numbers it is impossible to say how many Tigers are included. But probably all of them. This replacement is being performed at scheduled services. The clutch has to be pulled in order to replace the spring.

The technician said that if the spring fails the bike is stuck in gear. No other consequential damage. My XC is scheduled for service Monday morning.

I'm also waiting to be caled... just wondering... What the hell happened to the page of the VIN number? Suddenly, I no longer can access it once I ridirecçiona to the main page of Triumph??

Cheer's

It disappeared on on me, too. I guess Triumph pulled it.

It disappeared on on me, too. I guess Triumph pulled it.

I see this as something really strange... :y13:

I went to a Decoding Vin page ( http://www.motoverse.com/tools/vin/triumph.asp ) and... it says that i have an invalid vin number ANGERANGER

I can enter at ( http://www.triumph.co.uk/czech/7094.aspx?vin=SMTTRE11B8B485965 ) czech page and get the info: U have outstanding bulletins or recall's on by byke. Please contact u're dealler as soon as possible so u can have u're bike updated or modified at no cost to me :y15:

I hope we do not deprive them of power to keep us up to date with the information coming out about our bikes from home mom house :y13:

Cheer's

I miss that VIN webpage. I though it was a really good idea.

US VIN numbers are different from European VIN numbers by one or two digits. That may be why you got an invalid VIN number message.

I miss that VIN webpage. I though it was a really good idea.

US VIN numbers are different from European VIN numbers by one or two digits. That may be why you got an invalid VIN number message.

Yes, i think that was the reason. Did u try the link from de croatia page? It's the one that still work's :y13:

Link -- http://www.triumph.co.uk/czech/7094.aspx?vin

From what i've been learning/knowing from tiger800.co.uk and chepassione.com amoung otheres, communication begins by showing menosfluente than what could be expected by those who bought Triumph rather than any other brand.

As in my case, the purchase was due to the passion with regard to brand. In believing in the project presented to us.

'Nulli Secundus' also reflectes for me the courage inside each one of us in wanting to be part of this project, and every day we make the 'tests' and 'evidences' that will dictate the reliability of the Tiger 800 XC.

Having said that I think this was a bad and devoid of any nobility by the Triumph for us ...

I hope Triumph reconsider this step ... We have all contribute to success in sales number reflected by the Tiger 800 XC model :blabla:

Got mine into the dealership last Friday....and it will be there for two more weeks at least as they discovered Triumph put the airbox in at a funny angle causing damage to the throttle cable. I love my Triumph but gawd I hate how long it takes to get parts for the damn things.

Got mine into the dealership last Friday....and it will be there for two more weeks at least as they discovered Triumph put the airbox in at a funny angle causing damage to the throttle cable. I love my Triumph but gawd I hate how long it takes to get parts for the damn things.

Yes, i understant what u're saying m8 :y12:

But... as long as they keep up with they're job and do it right, no problem. I'm in a bit of a war with theme (Spain and Portugal Triumph Dealers) and sink that i'll go to a stop in my relations with theme. One thing is for shore: my older brother was thinking on the 1200 Explorer but, with the problems and all sorts of lies and miss from theyi're part to me... he went for the BMW insted. Can't blaim him though

I'm not regreted that i've got the Tiger 800 Xc but... regreted to have got it in Portugal. We are mills away from minimun requirements for have a Triumph Dealer as it should be SAD

Sorry to hear your bike is down; but, at least, it is going to be fixed properly as it should have been in the beginning.

Sorry to hear your bike is down; but, at least, it is going to be fixed properly as it should have been in the beginning.

Oh yeah I'm not going to complain to much. At least they discovered it before I was stranded somewhere. If this had happened on my trip into the states I would have been royally screwed.

I am glad you did not have a problem on the road! Much better to find out now when you are home.

Premium

Support TriumphTalk by becoming a Premium Member.

What You Get

Donate

Search

Back
Top Bottom