Premium Member
Local time
Today, 00:53
First Name
Gary
My Ride
2023 Rocket 3GT
Riding Since
Bike is at shop getting the new tires. $60 per wheel to mount and balance, not bad. I'll report on how they feel compare to the stock Perellis.

Unless you're a "drag your knees in the corners" kind of rider, I think they will do fine. Some members here use them with good results.
After you scrub them in, by all means, let us know how they feel.

If this thunderstorm would pass and the street dries I'll go get her.

I like the Shinko's, less pressure to initiate lean-in.

I failed to mention. The valve stems were fine the o-rings on both front and rear were worn. The bike is 12 months old and o-rings go bad?
If you have a slow leak develop that is where to look.

I like the Shinko's, less pressure to initiate lean-in.
I have heard that about them as well. Was looking at the 705s and all reviews stated that turn in was quick. Something to do with the more rounded profile of them I believe.

I have heard that about them as well. Was looking at the 705s and all reviews stated that turn in was quick. Something to do with the more rounded profile of them I believe.
I got the SR712R's

Shinkos on a Street Twin - okay. What Shinkos have you been looking at? (Apologizes, I just looked up to see you had SR712's. The rest for this post stands on it's own.)

I've been riding Shinkos on my DR650 Suzi for years now. However, that bike being a dual sport, I put E700's or E705's on her. Right now the bike has 705's.

What I can tell you is my experience has been nothing but good. Over at DRRiders.com, you will find a great majority of us run the Shinkos. The "Golden Boys" E241 almost have a shrine built for them. Everyone who runs them love them. Great tire for dollar spent.

I just replaced a set of Shinko tires with only 4000 miles. They were pretty worn!
Commander II's now.

I just replaced a set of Shinko tires with only 4000 miles. They were pretty worn!
Commander II's now.
I got 5K out of the stock tires. They had a bit left but were handling oddly.

I’ve been riding on shinko 705’s on my 05 America for 1000 miles. So far no issues. I like the way they handle in rain.

I am pleased with the Shinko's and additionally I installed EBC sintered pads front and rear, what an improvement!

Premium

Support TriumphTalk by becoming a Premium Member.

What You Get

Donate

Search

Back
Top Bottom