Coolhands

Local time
Today, 01:47
First Name
Courtney
My Ride
2007 T100
2011 Road Glide
I’ve always been an opportunistic shopper and have a revolving parking spot in my shop with a different bike every year.

I’ve had a Bonneville for a year and love it so much I want to upgrade. Looking to sell my T100 and get a 1200r to keep long-term.

so he are my questions:

Fairings: I love the look but can’t imagine they do much with the riding position. Sound like a lot of people add them. Anyone take em off?

Colors: I’m not a fan of the matt look of the newer ones. I only see fairings on mat-black, red and silver which might not matter since I’m not sold on it. seems pretty limited on colors especially competition green. Did the only do that for a short period of time?

Anyone chose the standard Thruxton 1200 over the R? Especially used seems silly for the amount you would save.

Budget is $9000-12000. Thanks in advance for any other advice on a used Thruxton purchase.

I ride a lot and have read and searched others posts, just need to reach my post minimum to list the T100!

Few chose the standard model over the R , actually I think standards would be hard to find used . R models used and for sale are quite common I believe . Red and silver are most loved . R models are considered a bargain vs the standard because of the value of the upgraded brakes and suspension. If you can find one with an upgraded seat and a decat that would be good.

Few chose the standard model over the R , actually I think standards would be hard to find used . R models used and for sale are quite common I believe . Red and silver are most loved . R models are considered a bargain vs the standard because of the value of the upgraded brakes and suspension. If you can find one with an upgraded seat and a decat that would be good.

yes very few standards, usually I’m looking at them wondering why they’re not about a grand more, then notice the standard forks and brakes. Also looking for upgrades done on someone else’s dime. Seems smart as most have work done to them already. Thanks!

Hi, I bought a used 1200r, the fairing is more aesthetic, I reckon. It kind of finishes the bike, standard tank looks a bit odd without it IMHO. I love mine, handling is sublime, brakes amazing, sound with the cat fucked off and some end cans - amazing. It does need a bit more power in my opinion, but the exhaust changes goes some of the way to sorting that - lovely bike, had mine less than a year and put 5,000 miles on it. I bought it 2 years old with 1500 miles on the dial! Test ride one, you won't regret it, but beware once you've tried, you will have to have one!

Hi, I bought a used 1200r, the fairing is more aesthetic, I reckon. It kind of finishes the bike, standard tank looks a bit odd without it IMHO. I love mine, handling is sublime, brakes amazing, sound with the cat fucked off and some end cans - amazing. It does need a bit more power in my opinion, but the exhaust changes goes some of the way to sorting that - lovely bike, had mine less than a year and put 5,000 miles on it. I bought it 2 years old with 1500 miles on the dial! Test ride one, you won't regret it, but beware once you've tried, you will have to have one!

Thanks! I have a 900 T100 that this will replace so sure it will have more power than that!

Been through a couple of Triumph’s before buying my first Thruxton R in 2016. Immediately went in search of a fairing, set of Vance and Hines silencers, Power Commander and one or two other mods. Coming off a S1000RR certainly a different animal completely but I found that I actually preferred the more relaxed seating position. Sold the S1000RR basically because I just wasn’t riding it anymore and bought a TFC as a second bike, it’s actually nothing that different then the standard R I have tarted up.

Premium

Support TriumphTalk by becoming a Premium Member.

What You Get

Donate

Search

Back
Top Bottom