Thunderbird
Local time
Today, 06:41
First Name
AJ Turner
My Ride
1996 Triumph Trophy 1200
11783-art.jpg

Watsonian sidecars have developed a fitting kit for the Triumph Trophy, the British motorcycle manufacturer's ultimate touring bike.

The Trophy's torque laden three-cylinder 1215cc engine provides plenty of power to propel a sidecar, while the 43mm upside down forks and intelligent linked ABS brakes are capable of handling and stopping the additional weight.

However, hidden beneath the sleek, protective bodywork is a rugged, stiff but light aluminium beam frame, which made fitting a sidecar challenging, because the arms that attach it cannot be bolted onto a beam frame. So the design team at Watsonian created a sub frame that fixes to the front and rear engine mounts.

This fitting kit allows most current models in Watsonian's range to be paired with the Triumph sports tourer. The combination pictured is the classically styled GP700, a wide bodied sidecar that seats an adult and child or two children, in DL trim with a 10” alloy wheel.

Prices for the GP700 sidecar [pictured] start at £5995 including VAT. With more than 100 years experience, Watsonian offer fittings for a wide range of both modern and classic motorcycles, a factory fitting service and tuition for novice drivers. For more information call O1386 7OO9O7 or visit The Watsonian Motorcycle & Sidecar Company

-- Posted with TapaTalk[/IMG]

Well it sure does look like a neat setup but I would think with the cost of the bike and the car you would be into some serious cash

Dave, when buying new, you can expect to pay about half to 60% of what you paid for the bike. They aren't cheap and the Watsonians are nearly top of the line hacks.

That is true but I just see $$$$ here BGRIN

I’ve just bought (a used) example of the FX4 and the attached Trophy, having been attached to the bike (when thy were both new) in 2015

B28734D6-0543-457E-A4DD-FC6AE14BD0C4.jpeg335BD198-BB01-4C8A-BD27-85DCBCCA7359.jpeg9520A944-9EFA-4B24-B37A-B50BBCF287FA.png

Congratulations! Great find. Sidecars are fun and unique. TUP

Sorry, that should have read “Watsonian RX4”; it’s not a London taxi!

Congratulations! Great find. Sidecars are fun and unique. TUP
Thanks.

I absolutely wasn’t looking out for one, but I knew I’d never find another if I set out to find one.

Last edited:
I loved the Steib chairs back in the sixties. Great to see the design still being used today.

I loved the Steib chairs back in the sixties. Great to see the design still being used today.
I really like the look of them too
The only downside is that Watsonian seem to have backed away from building anything contemporary and left that to the European manufcturers.

nice rig!! Freedom Sidecars in middleburg Pa can build the "chair" as well as correctly install it, if its in your budget may as well enjoy it!!!

View attachment 23197

Watsonian sidecars have developed a fitting kit for the Triumph Trophy, the British motorcycle manufacturer's ultimate touring bike.

The Trophy's torque laden three-cylinder 1215cc engine provides plenty of power to propel a sidecar, while the 43mm upside down forks and intelligent linked ABS brakes are capable of handling and stopping the additional weight.

However, hidden beneath the sleek, protective bodywork is a rugged, stiff but light aluminium beam frame, which made fitting a sidecar challenging, because the arms that attach it cannot be bolted onto a beam frame. So the design team at Watsonian created a sub frame that fixes to the front and rear engine mounts.

This fitting kit allows most current models in Watsonian's range to be paired with the Triumph sports tourer. The combination pictured is the classically styled GP700, a wide bodied sidecar that seats an adult and child or two children, in DL trim with a 10” alloy wheel.

Prices for the GP700 sidecar [pictured] start at £5995 including VAT. With more than 100 years experience, Watsonian offer fittings for a wide range of both modern and classic motorcycles, a factory fitting service and tuition for novice drivers. For more information call O1386 7OO9O7 or visit The Watsonian Motorcycle & Sidecar Company

-- Posted with TapaTalk[/IMG]
Wish Watsonian would help in developing a fitting frame for a 1995 Triumph Thunderbird I restored.

Premium

Support TriumphTalk by becoming a Premium Member.

What You Get

Donate

Search

Back
Top Bottom