Staff
Local time
Today, 12:20
First Name
Carl
My Ride
2020 Bonneville T120 Black
Riding Since
Saturday morning three of us left for Vero Beach. I was chilly, 53F/12C, cloudy, breezy and damp. As we progressed southward. Around Melbourne we rode out of the cloud cover and into warm sunshine. We had to stop and remove some layers. It was 73F/22.8C when we reached Waldo's at Vero Beach. I had not been to Vero Beach in over 40 years. Needless to say, a lot had changed

Waldo's is locate right on the beach. I mean you walk out the door and step off of the deck and you are on the beach. Being is how Spring Break is in full swing, the beach front was crowded. We met up with seven other riders and enjoyed good food and great fellowship in a lovely atmosphere. I had a Cajun fish sandwich, fries and, of course, key lime pie. Yum yum!.

We headed for home about 1:30 PM taking A1A (right on the coast) and JUS 1, right along the intracoastal waterway until heavy traffic forced us back to I-95. Right around Malabar, we rode back into the cloud cover and the temp dropped 15F. We stopped asnd layered up again for the rest of the chilly ride ride home. I rode a total 249 miles/400.7 kilometers.

20210320_131814.jpg20210320_131834.jpg20210320_131949.jpg20210320_132018.jpg20210320_132029.jpg20210320_132345.jpg20210320_132353.jpgCapture.JPG

Great ride; nice pics too TUP TUP

MAN, I gotta quit working on Saturdays! looks like spring break is in full swing in Vero!!

Great pics Carl!

Again! Great ride report and pics. Ya just HAD to have key lime pie and torment me, didn't ya?:y154:

I went for my first ride of the season yesterday as well. Beautiful day with temps 15-16C. Unfortunately, no key lime pie to be found anywhere.:(
Resized_20210321_145425.jpg
You'll notice the beautiful white sand along our mighty St. John River
Resized_20210321_145408.jpeg

This was also my first chance to try out my new Gryphon riding gear which kept me warm and comfortable on my ride with only a T shirt on underneath the jacket and base layer on under the pants. No insulated liners.

The HORROR! Frozen HELL A POTAMIA!

Great ride; nice pics too TUP TUP
Thank you, Rocky. It was definitely a good day.

MAN, I gotta quit working on Saturdays! looks like spring break is in full swing in Vero!!

Great pics Carl!
Thanks, Adrian. I agree with you about Saturdays. We have another ride this Saturday close to you.

Again! Great ride report and pics. Ya just HAD to have key lime pie and torment me, didn't ya?:y154:
Thank you, Q. And than you for your good ride report and great pics. I won't trade my white beach sand for yours!!! Sorry you couldn't find any Key Lime pie. Come on down and I'll treat you to a whole pie!

Thanks, Adrian. I agree with you about Saturdays. We have another ride this Saturday close to you.
Do tell??? -- at PRESENT we have nothing on the schedule workwise!

Well not to be left out i too went for a short 60 mi ride on my T140, nothing beats that old bike, it takes me back to my youth, no elect starter, no windshield, plenty of engine noise and great handling. I am going to take my camera next time, especially if we have spring break around here.

I sent you a text message announcing the ride. Did you get it?
GOT IT -- and got the email-- I know right where thats at in Ellenton. Good friend of mine is a luthier that lives not far from it. Fingers crossed the weather holds this week and we arent pushed to Saturday on any jobs!!

GOT IT -- and got the email-- I know right where thats at in Ellenton. Good friend of mine is a luthier that lives not far from it. Fingers crossed the weather holds this week and we arent pushed to Saturday on any jobs!!
Excellent! Looking forward to seeing you, my friend. We bikers like to eat! BGRIN

Well not to be left out i too went for a short 60 mi ride on my T140, nothing beats that old bike, it takes me back to my youth, no elect starter, no windshield, plenty of engine noise and great handling. I am going to take my camera next time, especially if we have spring break around here.
Look forward to seeing some pics of your old T 140, and some scenery around your area.

I love to ride my TR6R.

Premium

Support TriumphTalk by becoming a Premium Member.

What You Get

Donate

Search

Back
Top Bottom