Staff
Local time
Today, 01:29
First Name
Carl
My Ride
2020 Bonneville T120 Black
Riding Since
Yesterday, I rode 46 miles to our favorite viewing spot for the twice rescheduled launch. Three of us rode over Tuesday only to see the launch scrubbed with 9 seconds left on the count down clock. A civilian helicopter ventured into restricted airspace and was flying around the launch pad. Air traffic control contacted him and he vacated the area. But the damage was done; the launch was scrubbed.

I am sure that when the errant pilot landed, there was a reception committee waiting for him. He will lose his pilots license and if the helicopter is his, there will be an auction! His irresponsible actions cost SpaceX and the US Space Force a ton of money. Had he pulled that stunt shortly after 9-11, he would have been splashed. No questions asked.

The launch yesterday went off with out a hitch at 3:31 PM. My fellow riders both had to work; so I was solo. I could clearly see ignition and liftoff and could see glimpses of the rocket as it climbed through the clouds. I was unable to get any decent pics.

Launch Status: Success.
Wed · Jun 30th, 2021
3:31 PM EST

Mission: Transporter 2 (Dedicated SSO Rideshare)​

Type: Dedicated Rideshare

Transporter 2 mission is a dedicated rideshare flight to a sun-synchronous orbit with dozens of small microsatellites and nanosatellites for commercial and government customers. (Read GPS).

Landing: B1060 has successfully landed next to the launch site after its 8th launch.​

Landing Zone 1 – LZ-1

LZ-1 Pad located at Cape Canaveral Space Force Station at the previous LC-13

Return to Launch Site – RTLS

A return to launch site usually means that after stage separation the booster flips and does a burn back towards the launch site, landing near where it initially launched from. It was 100% Successful. It was too cloudy for me to see the booster come down; but I certainly heard and felt the awesome double sonic booms and felt the shockwave. This occurred at about eight minutes after the launch.

It's so cool that you get to see those launches TUP TUP

This must a be a cool one to watch.

It's so cool that you get to see those launches TUP TUP

This must a be a cool one to watch.
It was a good launch to watch, especially with the booster coming bsck down at the Cape.

I have been watching launches since the very begging of rocket development and the space program back in the 50's. For me it is just thrilling now as it was 70 years ago.

Premium

Support TriumphTalk by becoming a Premium Member.

What You Get

Donate

Search

Back
Top Bottom